• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma drug dealer anecdote, any information?

EMNofSeattle

I first heard this story several years ago, and a few times since then by different people who are all much older then me.

basically the story is that some time in the 1970s or early 1980s there was a drug dealer who was in Tacoma, Washington doing drug dealer stuff and selling drugs, some guy's daughter ODs and dies, and the father was upset that the prosecutor's office wouldn't handle it, so he found the drug dealer in the Hilltop and pulled him by long hair out to the middle the street, and put the dealer down with a blast of .357 (or .32 according to one of the story tellers) to the head in public. the coda being he never faced charges.

now this is an extreme story, and I've heard it from several different people, but can't find anything on the internet, and I don't have the time to scoop through 15 years of newspaper microfilm. I was wondering if anyone here ever heard this tale and if there's anything to it or if it's just bunk.

PS No, I'm not planning on hunting down drug dealers with one case as justification, I just want to know if this is one of those exaggerated urban legends or if anyone has details that can lead to me confirming or denying the story.

Thanks!
-Erik

EMNofSeattle

I'm well aware of the Ash Street Shootout, if the story I'm thinking of is fictional maybe it's legend based on the Ash Street Shootout maybe... but certainly not the same story. Ash Street involved an attempt by street gangs to take a house owned by an Army veteran, this story is a vigilante tale...