Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Shiiping weapons to Puerto Rico

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    140

    Shiiping weapons to Puerto Rico

    As I will be moving there and have applied for my License there, while that is in process, the Store there said they can hold my weapons until everything is finished as when I move I will not be sending them with my furniture, but I have been to 2 different stores here in CT and they said they cannot send to Puerto Rico, does anyone know of one in CT that can send FFL to FFL to Puerto Rico? These are just 1 Glock, 1 Smith and Wesson Revolver and a Henry Repeater.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    It is my understanding that anyone can ship a gun to an FFL anywhere in the USA. Non-FFL's cannot use the USPS; FFL's can. As far as the GCA 1968 is concerned, Puerto Rico is just like any other state.

    (2) The term "interstate or foreign commerce" includes commerce between any place in a State and any place outside of that State, or within any possession of the United States (not including the Canal Zone) or the District of Columbia, but such term does not include commerce between places within the same State but through any place outside of that State. The term "State" includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the possessions of the United States (not including the Canal Zone).
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/laws/gca68.htm


    See index at the end and search the references.
    Puerto Rico, State
    Law: 921(a)
    Regulation: (2) 478.11
    http://www.atf.gov/publications/down...f-p-5300-4.pdf
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It is my understanding that anyone can ship a gun to an FFL anywhere in the USA. Non-FFL's cannot use the USPS; FFL's can. As far as the GCA 1968 is concerned, Puerto Rico is just like any other state.

    (2) The term "interstate or foreign commerce" includes commerce between any place in a State and any place outside of that State, or within any possession of the United States (not including the Canal Zone) or the District of Columbia, but such term does not include commerce between places within the same State but through any place outside of that State. The term "State" includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the possessions of the United States (not including the Canal Zone).
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/laws/gca68.htm


    See index at the end and search the references.
    Puerto Rico, State
    Law: 921(a)
    Regulation: (2) 478.11
    http://www.atf.gov/publications/down...f-p-5300-4.pdf
    Hummm that is what I was told, guess I will have to find somewhere else as the 2 I have asked, 1 in Milford and 1 in Orange CT said that could not ship internationally, even though Puerto Rico is not actually Internationally located.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    It is my understanding that anyone can ship a gun to an FFL anywhere in the USA. Non-FFL's cannot use the USPS; FFL's can. As far as the GCA 1968 is concerned, Puerto Rico is just like any other state.

    (2) The term "interstate or foreign commerce" includes commerce between any place in a State and any place outside of that State, or within any possession of the United States (not including the Canal Zone) or the District of Columbia, but such term does not include commerce between places within the same State but through any place outside of that State. The term "State" includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the possessions of the United States (not including the Canal Zone).
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/laws/gca68.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by bradco View Post
    Hummm that is what I was told, guess I will have to find somewhere else as the 2 I have asked, 1 in Milford and 1 in Orange CT said that could not ship internationally, even though Puerto Rico is not actually Internationally located.
    What you may be missing is that anyone may ship to a FFL - that means you can ship to an FFL in Puerto Rico via Federal Express - UPS appears to not be an option per link below. There is no need to initiate the shipment through a FFL in your state. I doubt this will be cheap though with the shipping fee, insurance and the FFL fee(s) at the Puerto Rico end. Best of luck - you have a daunting task.
    http://www.thegunzone.com/ship-guns.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Since the OP specifically asked about FFLs .. below is a list of FFLs that he may have luck with as they do do gun auction transactions which are similar.

    I can understand him wanting a ffl to do this.


    Michael Mola Northeast Weaponry & Supplies, LLC
    James Zoppi JIM'S COLLECTIBLES & FIREARMS BRISTOL
    Ralph Dubiel Cobra Arms LLc VernonAlbert Lewis Coventry
    Fred Vernic Mansfield Online Auctions M.O.A. Mansfield
    david vinkler ARMS, ARMAMENT & AMMUNITION PRESTON
    Arthur Hechler Art's Firearms Newtown
    Peter Bova RE-PETERS Northford
    Gary Mitkowski Mitz Arms & Ammo Seymour
    Joel Cramer Remarcable Arms Wallingford
    Anthony Zaccagnino Jr. Mad River Firearms Wolcott
    Victor Benson The Freedom Shoppe New Milford
    MORDARSKI JAMIE Northeastern Ventures Oakville

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orono, ME
    Posts
    467

    Re: Shiiping weapons to Puerto Rico

    I recommend giving Joel Cramer a call of you use a CT FFL

    Or The Freedom Shoppe!
    Last edited by SPOProds; 02-04-2013 at 02:26 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Since the OP specifically asked about FFLs .. below is a list of FFLs that he may have luck with as they do do gun auction transactions which are similar.

    I can understand him wanting a ffl to do this.


    Michael Mola Northeast Weaponry & Supplies, LLC
    James Zoppi JIM'S COLLECTIBLES & FIREARMS BRISTOL
    Ralph Dubiel Cobra Arms LLc VernonAlbert Lewis Coventry
    Fred Vernic Mansfield Online Auctions M.O.A. Mansfield
    david vinkler ARMS, ARMAMENT & AMMUNITION PRESTON
    Arthur Hechler Art's Firearms Newtown
    Peter Bova RE-PETERS Northford
    Gary Mitkowski Mitz Arms & Ammo Seymour
    Joel Cramer Remarcable Arms Wallingford
    Anthony Zaccagnino Jr. Mad River Firearms Wolcott
    Victor Benson The Freedom Shoppe New Milford
    MORDARSKI JAMIE Northeastern Ventures Oakville
    Thanks to all, this list is what I was looking for, I will check Wallingford as they are closest, but will also check whichever can do this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •