• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shiiping weapons to Puerto Rico

bradco

As I will be moving there and have applied for my License there, while that is in process, the Store there said they can hold my weapons until everything is finished as when I move I will not be sending them with my furniture, but I have been to 2 different stores here in CT and they said they cannot send to Puerto Rico, does anyone know of one in CT that can send FFL to FFL to Puerto Rico? These are just 1 Glock, 1 Smith and Wesson Revolver and a Henry Repeater.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is my understanding that anyone can ship a gun to an FFL anywhere in the USA. Non-FFL's cannot use the USPS; FFL's can. As far as the GCA 1968 is concerned, Puerto Rico is just like any other state.

(2) The term "interstate or foreign commerce" includes commerce between any place in a State and any place outside of that State, or within any possession of the United States (not including the Canal Zone) or the District of Columbia, but such term does not include commerce between places within the same State but through any place outside of that State. The term "State" includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the possessions of the United States (not including the Canal Zone).
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/laws/gca68.htm

See index at the end and search the references.
Puerto Rico, State
Law: 921(a)
Regulation: (2) 478.11
http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

bradco

It is my understanding that anyone can ship a gun to an FFL anywhere in the USA. Non-FFL's cannot use the USPS; FFL's can. As far as the GCA 1968 is concerned, Puerto Rico is just like any other state.

(2) The term "interstate or foreign commerce" includes commerce between any place in a State and any place outside of that State, or within any possession of the United States (not including the Canal Zone) or the District of Columbia, but such term does not include commerce between places within the same State but through any place outside of that State. The term "State" includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the possessions of the United States (not including the Canal Zone).

See index at the end and search the references.
Puerto Rico, State
Law: 921(a)
Regulation: (2) 478.11
http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

Hummm that is what I was told, guess I will have to find somewhere else as the 2 I have asked, 1 in Milford and 1 in Orange CT said that could not ship internationally, even though Puerto Rico is not actually Internationally located.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Hummm that is what I was told, guess I will have to find somewhere else as the 2 I have asked, 1 in Milford and 1 in Orange CT said that could not ship internationally, even though Puerto Rico is not actually Internationally located.

What you may be missing is that anyone may ship to a FFL - that means you can ship to an FFL in Puerto Rico via Federal Express - UPS appears to not be an option per link below. There is no need to initiate the shipment through a FFL in your state. I doubt this will be cheap though with the shipping fee, insurance and the FFL fee(s) at the Puerto Rico end. Best of luck - you have a daunting task.
http://www.thegunzone.com/ship-guns.html

davidmcbeth

Banned
Since the OP specifically asked about FFLs .. below is a list of FFLs that he may have luck with as they do do gun auction transactions which are similar.

I can understand him wanting a ffl to do this.

Michael Mola Northeast Weaponry & Supplies, LLC
James Zoppi JIM'S COLLECTIBLES & FIREARMS BRISTOL
Ralph Dubiel Cobra Arms LLc VernonAlbert Lewis Coventry
Fred Vernic Mansfield Online Auctions M.O.A. Mansfield
david vinkler ARMS, ARMAMENT & AMMUNITION PRESTON
Arthur Hechler Art's Firearms Newtown
Peter Bova RE-PETERS Northford
Gary Mitkowski Mitz Arms & Ammo Seymour
Joel Cramer Remarcable Arms Wallingford
Anthony Zaccagnino Jr. Mad River Firearms Wolcott
Victor Benson The Freedom Shoppe New Milford
MORDARSKI JAMIE Northeastern Ventures Oakville

SPOProds

I recommend giving Joel Cramer a call of you use a CT FFL

Or The Freedom Shoppe!

Last edited:

bradco

Since the OP specifically asked about FFLs .. below is a list of FFLs that he may have luck with as they do do gun auction transactions which are similar.

I can understand him wanting a ffl to do this.

Michael Mola Northeast Weaponry & Supplies, LLC
James Zoppi JIM'S COLLECTIBLES & FIREARMS BRISTOL
Ralph Dubiel Cobra Arms LLc VernonAlbert Lewis Coventry
Fred Vernic Mansfield Online Auctions M.O.A. Mansfield
david vinkler ARMS, ARMAMENT & AMMUNITION PRESTON
Arthur Hechler Art's Firearms Newtown
Peter Bova RE-PETERS Northford
Gary Mitkowski Mitz Arms & Ammo Seymour
Joel Cramer Remarcable Arms Wallingford
Anthony Zaccagnino Jr. Mad River Firearms Wolcott
Victor Benson The Freedom Shoppe New Milford
MORDARSKI JAMIE Northeastern Ventures Oakville

Thanks to all, this list is what I was looking for, I will check Wallingford as they are closest, but will also check whichever can do this.