Thread: Open Carrying at Libertarian Day at the Capitol.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Open Carrying at Libertarian Day at the Capitol.

Spent all day on the 31st in Olympia, first with a meeting with the Libertarian Party, and then the rest of the day experience the mad house(s) of our politicians meeting with Reps. they were busy so met with my Reps LA's, also met with Rep. Overstreet a big fan of OC, and spent quite a bit of time talking about it.

I was all over all the buildings of the Capitol, Representatives and Legislatures, not a negative word said about my OC, State Troopers and Security were very helpful.

An amusing anecdote though, when I took the following picture a security came in I saw him looking at me and my fire arm and started to mentally prepare for an ensuing encounter and he then tells the State Chair of the Libertarian Party (who was showing me the ropes) his small laptop bag was not allowed in the chambers and he can leave it outside with him if he wanted.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

priceless. thats a nice view too

Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Spent all day on the 31st in Olympia, first with a meeting with the Libertarian Party, and then the rest of the day experience the mad house(s) of our politicians meeting with Reps. they were busy so met with my Reps LA's, also met with Rep. Overstreet a big fan of OC, and spent quite a bit of time talking about it.

I was all over all the buildings of the Capitol, Representatives and Legislatures, not a negative word said about my OC, State Troopers and Security were very helpful.

An amusing anecdote though, when I took the following picture a security came in I saw him looking at me and my fire arm and started to mentally prepare for an ensuing encounter and he then tells the State Chair of the Libertarian Party (who was showing me the ropes) his small laptop bag was not allowed in the chambers and he can leave it outside with him if he wanted.

Well,,, Daym!!! Why didnt I!!!,,, Or anyone,, Know we had a Libertarian day at the Capital to meet and confront our guys there???

It makes me feel,,, sad,, when I hear about, a,,, thing I could have attended,,, that might help protect our rights...

I would have come to this,,, maybe, many, would have come...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Open Carrying at Libertarian Day at the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Well,,, Daym!!! Why didnt I!!!,,, Or anyone,, Know we had a Libertarian day at the Capital to meet and confront our guys there???

It makes me feel,,, sad,, when I hear about, a,,, thing I could have attended,,, that might help protect our rights...

+1
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post

My apologies. I was going to explain, but there really is no excuse and my explanation seemed lame. I am bummed I didn't think about that, would have been nice to have way more of the libertarian minded there. I will try work harder at it next time.

We will be having the Libertarian State Convention here in Bellingham April 4th, I'll talk to Larry and see if we can get some public info out on that, I am not sure what the process for that is for attendance.

I am lucky to have the state Chair in the same area as me. I am logged onto to meetup, Whatcom county libertarians, this is how I find out about most of the events, including this one, and you can RSVP for them there.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)