• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrying at Libertarian Day at the Capitol.

sudden valley gunner

Spent all day on the 31st in Olympia, first with a meeting with the Libertarian Party, and then the rest of the day experience the mad house(s) of our politicians meeting with Reps. they were busy so met with my Reps LA's, also met with Rep. Overstreet a big fan of OC, and spent quite a bit of time talking about it.

I was all over all the buildings of the Capitol, Representatives and Legislatures, not a negative word said about my OC, State Troopers and Security were very helpful.

An amusing anecdote though, when I took the following picture a security came in I saw him looking at me and my fire arm and started to mentally prepare for an ensuing encounter and he then tells the State Chair of the Libertarian Party (who was showing me the ropes) his small laptop bag was not allowed in the chambers and he can leave it outside with him if he wanted. :cool:

24A0A439-7B37-464A-8F24-7B8CA0AB70BB-623-000000789660CDE0_zps050da53d.jpg

1245A Defender

Wow!!!

Spent all day on the 31st in Olympia, first with a meeting with the Libertarian Party, and then the rest of the day experience the mad house(s) of our politicians meeting with Reps. they were busy so met with my Reps LA's, also met with Rep. Overstreet a big fan of OC, and spent quite a bit of time talking about it.

I was all over all the buildings of the Capitol, Representatives and Legislatures, not a negative word said about my OC, State Troopers and Security were very helpful.

An amusing anecdote though, when I took the following picture a security came in I saw him looking at me and my fire arm and started to mentally prepare for an ensuing encounter and he then tells the State Chair of the Libertarian Party (who was showing me the ropes) his small laptop bag was not allowed in the chambers and he can leave it outside with him if he wanted. :cool:

24A0A439-7B37-464A-8F24-7B8CA0AB70BB-623-000000789660CDE0_zps050da53d.jpg

Well,,, Daym!!! Why didnt I!!!,,, Or anyone,, Know we had a Libertarian day at the Capital to meet and confront our guys there???

It makes me feel,,, sad,, when I hear about, a,,, thing I could have attended,,, that might help protect our rights...

I would have come to this,,, maybe, many, would have come...

tombrewster421

Well,,, Daym!!! Why didnt I!!!,,, Or anyone,, Know we had a Libertarian day at the Capital to meet and confront our guys there???

It makes me feel,,, sad,, when I hear about, a,,, thing I could have attended,,, that might help protect our rights...

+1

sudden valley gunner

My apologies. I was going to explain, but there really is no excuse and my explanation seemed lame. I am bummed I didn't think about that, would have been nice to have way more of the libertarian minded there. I will try work harder at it next time.

We will be having the Libertarian State Convention here in Bellingham April 4th, I'll talk to Larry and see if we can get some public info out on that, I am not sure what the process for that is for attendance.

I am lucky to have the state Chair in the same area as me. I am logged onto to meetup, Whatcom county libertarians, this is how I find out about most of the events, including this one, and you can RSVP for them there.