Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ccw update

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

ccw update

saw this on a different forum as off jan 30 158,xxx licenses issued
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Yup, one of my coworkers got his last week and was 155,xxx.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Very good thanks for the up date.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

161xxx now
    SCOTT

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

163XXX as of 2/15/2013

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by 32HR MAG View Post
    163XXX as of 2/15/2013
    What is the source of this information?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    What is the source of this information?
    the owner of that number posted it on a different sites forum it is where i have gotten all my updated CCW numbers
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 02-18-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    SCOTT

Browsed this place for a few years now since OC came legal here in Wisconsin.

Just posting to say my ccw came today, and just wanted to say that we are very close to the 164,XXX number.

that would mean we are getting very close to 5% of eligible , I base eligible on the current number of registered voters understanding that a few people might be eligible and not registered to vote , and some registered to vote are 18-20 so i figure it to be a reasonable number and probably about as good as we can guess without a bunch of research.

as of Feb 1 2013 , 3,682,401 people were registered to vote http://gab.wi.gov/sites/default/file..._pdf_11805.pdf

5% of 3,682,401 is 184,120.5

Quote Originally Posted by audiofanaticz View Post

Just posting to say my ccw came today, and just wanted to say that we are very close to the 164,XXX number.

Open carry has always been legal in Wis some places just harder then others.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by audiofanaticz View Post

Just got mine today after submitting the application last Monday (man that was fast!) Mine is in the 164 region.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    ment ccw, my bad. late 2011

I spoke with one of the individuals that administers the permitting process in Madison. I was told that as of 3/4/2013 the permit numbers would approach 170,000 as they expected to have an additional 3000 requests on their desks when they got there Monday morning. There were 3 different gun shows over the weekend and I was informed that they had processed 1700 backround checks for gun purchases on Saturday alone. February had 17,000 backround checks for gun purchases in Wisconsin. I was told they are very busy and are working their rear ends off trying to get the permits out as fast as they can. The individual I know processes them all as fast as possible. This person is pro-gun, hunts and target shoots and comes from a family of hunters and shooters.

Fast Ed

just caught word

now up to 170xxx licenses issued
    SCOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Although Open Carry has never been prohibited by state law, it has been illegal in many municipalities. That was until the state preemption law was passed the same year the constitutional ammendant was introduced which became, Article I - Section 25.

as of 3/15 172xxx issued
    SCOTT

178xxx as of 4/8/13
    SCOTT

189xxx as of 6/5/13
    might see 200,000 by the second year
    SCOTT

Way to go Wisconsin! The Yellow Cat is proud to have provided training to 200+ of those with the Wisconsin License.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

192,xxx as of 7/13 mailed monday received friday 5 day turnaround
    SCOTT

Mailed mine the evening of Friday, July 12, and received my permit on Wednesday, July 17. Still 192,XXX.

Re: ccw update

Quote Originally Posted by section8usmc View Post
    Mailed mine the evening of Friday, July 12, and received my permit on Wednesday, July 17. Still 192,XXX.
    With 2 cost changes in as many weeks, they've been sending back a lot of applications because of the wrong amount paid.

Quote Originally Posted by section8usmc View Post
    Permit?! Where did you get your permit from?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    With 2 cost changes in as many weeks, they've been sending back a lot of applications because of the wrong amount paid.
    I did get the first one sent back. The one that went through was $40. It was also a different application .

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Permit?! Where did you get your permit from?
    Call it whatever you like. Permit. License. Either way, if you carry concealed without one, you go to jail, and risk being shot by a hot head, because that little card makes so much difference to them, like some miraculous change from ultra criminal to responsible, law abiding citizen. I know it's an infringement on the second amendment, but I'm not exactly what you'd call prison material.

Many small town police don't like it even if it is law, so I didn't even open carry before that, because I knew I'd be in some sort of legal battle around here if I did. Our department in particular pulls some pretty underhanded crap. I'm not about to give them more fuel for their fire. I'm too physically broken and tired to deal with that kind of crap. I've already lost enough friends, or had them distance themselves from me for speaking my mind about the second amendment, and our rights as American citizens. I don't know how many good (very relative in my case) years I have left, and don't need to spend them in a cell, or in a courtroom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast