• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ccw update

audiofanaticz

Browsed this place for a few years now since OC came legal here in Wisconsin.

Just posting to say my ccw came today, and just wanted to say that we are very close to the 164,XXX number.

GreenCountyPete

that would mean we are getting very close to 5% of eligible , I base eligible on the current number of registered voters understanding that a few people might be eligible and not registered to vote , and some registered to vote are 18-20 so i figure it to be a reasonable number and probably about as good as we can guess without a bunch of research.

as of Feb 1 2013 , 3,682,401 people were registered to vote http://gab.wi.gov/sites/default/files/publication/65/registeredvotersbyagegroup_pdf_11805.pdf

5% of 3,682,401 is 184,120.5

Mech

Browsed this place for a few years now since OC came legal here in Wisconsin.

Just posting to say my ccw came today, and just wanted to say that we are very close to the 164,XXX number.

Just got mine today after submitting the application last Monday (man that was fast!) Mine is in the 164 region.

Fast Ed

I spoke with one of the individuals that administers the permitting process in Madison. I was told that as of 3/4/2013 the permit numbers would approach 170,000 as they expected to have an additional 3000 requests on their desks when they got there Monday morning. There were 3 different gun shows over the weekend and I was informed that they had processed 1700 backround checks for gun purchases on Saturday alone. February had 17,000 backround checks for gun purchases in Wisconsin. I was told they are very busy and are working their rear ends off trying to get the permits out as fast as they can. The individual I know processes them all as fast as possible. This person is pro-gun, hunts and target shoots and comes from a family of hunters and shooters.

Fast Ed

BROKENSPROKET

Open carry has always been legal in Wis some places just harder then others.

Although Open Carry has never been prohibited by state law, it has been illegal in many municipalities. That was until the state preemption law was passed the same year the constitutional ammendant was introduced which became, Article I - Section 25.