• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"thou shalt not kill"

elebuttfish

If all these Democrats would just stand with the "10 Commandents" and just enforce the "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" in stead of being a bunch of "mouth pieces and flapping lips" this country might return to it's previous glory. Democrats and Liberals are more concerned with backing the ACLU, protecting criminals rights and giving away tax payers money than having a strong AMERICA. As one gentleman has posted in his signature on a firearms forum, " there are fewer people who work for a living than vote for a living", this has got to stop. AMERICA has got to wake up or we will all be toast. I will be glad when Arizona has ocean front property! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

MKEgal

Except that the line actually reads "don't murder" (don't kill unlawfully).
[strike]And what does this have to do with NM or OC?[/strike]
ETA strikeout... I see the thread has been moved.

BTW, this is an informative essay about self-defense, using citations from the bible
http://www.biblicalselfdefense.com/
And if you google [biblical self defense] you'll find others.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

If all these Democrats would just stand with the "10 Commandents" and just enforce the "[strike]THOU SHALT NOT KILL[/strike]" in stead of being a bunch of "mouth pieces and flapping lips" this country might return to it's previous glory. Democrats and Liberals are more concerned with backing the ACLU, protecting criminals rights and giving away tax payers money than having a strong AMERICA. As one gentleman has posted in his signature on a firearms forum, " there are fewer people who work for a living than vote for a living", this has got to stop. AMERICA has got to wake up or we will all be toast. I will be glad when Arizona has ocean front property! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

THOUGH SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER"

The line that you are presenting is a perversion of the Christian teachings.

Sorcice

They fixed the translation in many of the newer versions of the bible but tons still say kill.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If all these Democrats would just stand with the "10 Commandents" and just enforce the "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" in stead of ....

I'll bet you approve of stonings and witch burnings, too. That stuff is in the Bible. There are lots more than just "The 10 Commandments" that the faithful are supposed to follow/obey/adhere to. Quite a few of them involve killing folks, like the thief in the night and the enemy of the state, to name but two.

San Dimas football!*

stay safe.

First, go watch "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" to get the context. Second, if after putting it in context you are offended, I consider my job accomplished.

eye95

There is a difference between OT law and statements that define sin, such as the Ten Commandments. Christianity teaches us that we have been freed from following the minutiae of the OT law. We are still expected not to sin, which means, among other things, following the Ten Commandments. Through Grace our sins are forgiven, but that is not intended as a license to sin.

So a person advocating the following of the Ten Commandments is not being inconsistent from a Christian standpoint if he does not advocate for following OT law.

I am surprised to see you mocking Christianity. I have always expected and observed respect for others from you. This is very disappointing.

Ca Patriot

I'll bet you approve of stonings and witch burnings, too. That stuff is in the Bible. There are lots more than just "The 10 Commandments" that the faithful are supposed to follow/obey/adhere to. Quite a few of them involve killing folks, like the thief in the night and the enemy of the state, to name but two.

San Dimas football!*

stay safe.

First, go watch "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" to get the context. Second, if after putting it in context you are offended, I consider my job accomplished.

another fine example of proof there is no such thing as an atheist. they are all just christian haters.

eye95

I think that statement is a bit strong. I have run into two kinds of atheists: True non-believers who just don't care what anyone else believes because they see that belief as inconsequential, and militant atheists who work hard to try to stop everyone from believing in God using everything from mockery to lawsuits.

The only explanation I have for the latter is that they really do believe in God, but are just trying to deny his Sovereignty over everything. Otherwise, they'd just look on believers like I would look on someone who uses horoscopes to make life decisions. They are a curiosity. I would think they have an inexplicable quirk, but we all do, so meh.

But, when the militant atheist makes all manner of effort to mock and to attack the beliefs of others, it must be because his professed, but unreal, nonbelief is being convicted by the Spirit, and so he feels the need to fight back, rather than submit to the authority of God.

Just my theory. However, I just realized that there would be an interesting corollary! If the militism with which he is responding is, in turn, a response to the Spirit convicting him, then militant atheists must be those whom God is trying to call, as opposed to true non-believers whom God is making no effort to reach!

I should change how I react to militant atheism. From now on, my response to militant atheism will be to throw a little Good News at their wall and see if any of it sticks. If God is indeed doing a Paul-job on them, my role would be to assist!

Nice job, Spirit, slappin' me upside the head with that one!

Sorcice

another fine example of proof there is no such thing as an atheist. they are all just christian haters.

We aren't all Christian haters. It's just irritating when believers(of any faith not just Christians) cherry pick what they do or do not like from their respective holy books. Atheism is a non belief in all Gods/Goddesses. Nothing more nothing less. As far as the militant atheists mentioned I have seen those but they usually come about when theists push evangelically just a bit to far. A good amount of us are ex-theists and some study theology in the search for a better understanding of humanity. In doing so we often have a much broader and detailed understanding of the holy books in which some like to misquote to suit their agenda.. Yes some atheists are pricks but the majority aren't. That goes for both sides. I'll leave you with a quote:

“We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”

― Richard Dawkins

-Sorcice.

papa bear

this thread is all over the place . from a rant about liberals in CA to christian hating atheist

THOUGH SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER"

The line that you are presenting is a perversion of the Christian teachings.

i believe it is in the teachings from Christ , since he told us to buy weapons for self defense

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

So have you decided to troll here full-time?

I would ask if you are sad your racist thread was canned, but that thread itself would seem to suggest that, whatever's going on with you, it happened before then.

Do you want to talk about it? I'm sure the forum would be willing to discuss what has led you to view us as the appropriate receptacle for your verbal garbage.

Or maybe you should just cut to the chase and sign up here, where you will find nobody says anything negative about religion or American imperialism, and everyone hates hispanics:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

Last edited:

McLintock

If all these Democrats would just stand with the "10 Commandents" and just enforce the "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" in stead of being a bunch of "mouth pieces and flapping lips" this country might return to it's previous glory.
What exactly are you aiming your "flapping lip" at? It is not just the dumb-o-crats and just not the grand old party, its both. The minority always makes the loudest noise, and that is the ACLU and the gun control people. And yes if we, as a country, go back to the 10 Commandments, as our rule of law we will be in better shape, but evil and mindless people are still going to be here and that is why the Founders use the 10 Commandments, not because all the Founders were Christian, only a few were, but because it is a moral standard and that is why they are the foundation of our laws.

Last edited:

eye95

Then you are being unrealistic.

Government should not establish a religion. Government should not interfere with your practice of religion.

The above are realistic restrictions on government, and all that are necessary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

McLintock

If we leave God the creator out of our government we will soon be communist, as it is their foundation of government, nothing higher than man. And I agree with eye95, the Founders knew what would happen to religion if the state was involved thats why we have the 1st Amendment "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, so how are ya'll going to stop the elected official from being religious or believing in God?:banghead:

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
If we leave God the creator out of our government we will soon be communist, as it is their foundation of government, nothing higher than man.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, where do people come up with this nonsense?

I tell you what: you get to have your "God" in our government, when I get to have Flying Spaghetti Monster references anywhere I want. Deal?