Thread: Alabama hostage standoff ends with child safe, gunman dead

Alabama hostage standoff ends with child safe, gunman dead

http://news.yahoo.com/alabama-town-g...011349756.html
    "Authorities killed a gunman holding a 5-year-old boy hostage in an underground bunker in rural Alabama on Monday and plucked the child to safety without injury, a local law enforcement official said."

http://www.wrdw.com/news/headlines/C...ml?site=mobile

CBS radio affiliate WSB says reporters heard what may have been a concussion grenade before ambulance and fire vehicles went to and from Dykes' property about 4p.m. Eastern Time Monda
    Last edited by zack991; 02-04-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Certainly a good outcome for the child. I would like to know the details of what happened. It seemed as if there would be a peaceful resolution to the situation.
    Early reports say he was killed which seems to rule out suicide.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 02-04-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I think more will come out how they rescued the child, very little has been released. Just glad the kid is safe and the bad guy is dead.
    Last edited by zack991; 02-04-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Glad to read the kid is safe, and the perp is DED...DEAD!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

According to the news report I just saw, apparently negotiations had deteriorated and Dykes had pulled out a gun. At that point an FBI SWAT team breached the bunker and completed the rescue.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Bunker? Not really a bunker it seems.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare