• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama hostage standoff ends with child safe, gunman dead

zack991

http://news.yahoo.com/alabama-town-gathers-bury-bus-driver-slain-hostage-011349756.html
"Authorities killed a gunman holding a 5-year-old boy hostage in an underground bunker in rural Alabama on Monday and plucked the child to safety without injury, a local law enforcement official said."

http://www.wrdw.com/news/headlines/...n-kidnappers-death-189722701.html?site=mobile

CBS radio affiliate WSB says reporters heard what may have been a concussion grenade before ambulance and fire vehicles went to and from Dykes' property about 4p.m. Eastern Time Monda

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Certainly a good outcome for the child. I would like to know the details of what happened. It seemed as if there would be a peaceful resolution to the situation.
Early reports say he was killed which seems to rule out suicide.

Last edited:

zack991

I think more will come out how they rescued the child, very little has been released. Just glad the kid is safe and the bad guy is dead.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

I love police news conferences where the police spend 10 minutes taking about how great they are and what a great job they did and then dont release any new or relevant information.

The FBI guy said "the boy was recovered unhurt and the suspect is dead"

Oh really ? thanks for telling us that because its ALREADY been reported by every news outlet in the world.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
According to the news report I just saw, apparently negotiations had deteriorated and Dykes had pulled out a gun. At that point an FBI SWAT team breached the bunker and completed the rescue.

Ca Patriot

According to the news report I just saw, apparently negotiations had deteriorated and Dykes had pulled out a gun. At that point an FBI SWAT team breached the bunker and completed the rescue.

Dont give Obama any ideas....