• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1 dead after homeowner shoots at intruders

john-in-reno

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/20960881/1-dead-after-homeowner-shoots-at-intruders

LAS VEGAS -- An man is dead after a homeowner shot at intruders trying to break into his house about 7:45 a.m. Monday, according to Metro Police.
The homeowner, a 72-year-old man who was a recent burglary victim, went into his bedroom and grabbed a handgun.

When the intruders entered his bedroom, he fired at least one shot from his gun. The intruders then ran from the house.

When Metro Police officers arrived to the home in the 2300 block of Westwind Road in northwest Las Vegas, they found one of the intruders trying to take off in a car.
The car hit a patrol car and the suspect, who tried to run away, was taken into custody.

The second suspect, described as a Latin male, was last seen running eastbound into a neighborhood. He has not been found.

Officers found a third male dead from an apparent gunshot wound in the homeowner's backyard. A handgun was also found in the backyard.

The police are investigating, but don't expect to file charges against the homeowner.

Anyone with any information concerning this crime is urged to contact Metro's Homicide Section at 702-828-3521 or Crime Stoppers by phone at 702-385-5555 or online.

FreeInAZ

Now imagine if the 72 year old home owner didn't have a pistol to defend himself. I am sure these 3 nice ARMED felons were just going to make him breakfast and leave in peace...:rolleyes:

motoxmann

Now imagine if the 72 year old home owner didn't have a pistol to defend himself. I am sure these 3 nice ARMED felons were just going to make him breakfast and leave in peace...:rolleyes:

oh please, we all know they were there to wash and fold his laundry :p