Thread: A little clarification from the states residents

A little clarification from the states residents

I plan to do some traveling into your great state and would appreciate a little clarification on the subject of CC. I have a current State of Connecticut Pistol Permit which allows me to OC and CC. It would appear that this holds no credit in NH, but the only time I would actually need a permit of any kind would be for CC. As I understand this would include OCing inside of a vehicle, is that correct? If so, what permit should I get as I would like to be able to CC in NH and PA as well. Does the state of Utah or Florida permit hold any value in NH?

Thank you in advance for the help.

The reciprocity list for New Hampshire is located here:

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...ing/plupr.html

and the answer is "yes" for your question on Florida and Utah. A New Hampshire non-resident license would also allow you to carry concealed in PA.

The relevant State statute for unlicensed carry is located here:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/.../159/159-4.htm

To paraphrase it, you can carry concealed & unloaded on your person, and unloaded in a vehicle (concealed or unconcealed) without a license. Loaded open carry outside of a vehicle does not require a license. Carrying loaded in a vehicle (concealed or unconcealed) requires a license.

The statute emphasizes the definition of loaded as "A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges".

My interpretation of that is without a license when in a vehicle, clear your weapon, and remove any rounds from magazines/cylinders.

Welcome to New Hampshire. Enjoy your stay!
    Last edited by Tactical9mm; 02-04-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without. -Hávamál 38

Regarding Florida and Utah licenses:
    New Hampshire Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in New Hampshire.

In other words, if you're a resident of Florida and you have a Florida license, it's valid in NH while a non-resident Florida license is not.
    I wish I could find the same info on New Hampshire's site, but here's what Florida has to say: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/new...led_carry.html

IMHO, the Florida license is still worth getting since it will vastly improve the number of states you can carry in.

Both NH and FL are relatively easy to get, with NH being the easiest and fastest. Turn-around time when I applied for my NH license was under 2 weeks I believe. BUT, both are fairly expensive - NH is $100 for 4 years, FL is $117 for 7 years. The hardest part of getting a NH license is parting with your 100 bucks!

ETA: Just noticed this on NH site> "PLEASE NOTE: The State of New Hampshire will only recognize resident concealed handgun licenses from these states."
    Last edited by Freiheit417; 02-06-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Freiheit417 is absolutely correct, and my apologies for any inaccuracies in the reciprocity facts. Since you mentioned Pennsylvania, I looked for the reciprocity agreement on their end.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...0Agreement.pdf

It doesn't appear to indicate if it just for resident licenses from New Hampshire, or if a non-resident New Hampshire license would be acceptable to them for concealed carry.

Someone from Pennsylvania with the knowledge on this is welcome to chime in (additionally regarding Pennsylvania's honoring of non-resident licenses/permits from States other then New Hampshire).
    Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without. -Hávamál 38

The NH non-resident license fee was just boosted four years ago. The state immediately lost income, just as your local store would if they raised the price of milk to $12 a gallon.

There's a current bill to restore the fee to $25 for four years.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    The NH non-resident license fee was just boosted four years ago. The state immediately lost income, just as your local store would if they raised the price of milk to $12 a gallon.

That's good to know - thank you. Please update us if this bill passes and becomes law!
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Thanks for the information, I think I'll wait it out and see what happens, I'd be happy to save the $75.

Looks like this bill died a couple weeks back, to bad, but not really surprising. Trying to get elected officials to actually understand facts and figures seems pointless lately.