Thread: Security Senors

Security Senors

I shop in the Cass county area (Harrisonville and Belton) the Senors at the doors have gone off, both going in and out. this mainly happens at walmart and price chopper. this as gone on for a couple of months, the other day it did the same thing to my buddy. has anyone else had this problem?

Founder's Club Member
    Years ago I started setting off shoplifting sensors. It took a while to figure out that a cashier had failed to disable a tag embedded in a new pair of shoes. Of course, every time I wore those shoes past a detector--beeeeeep!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Years ago I started setting off shoplifting sensors. It took a while to figure out that a cashier had failed to disable a tag embedded in a new pair of shoes. Of course, every time I wore those shoes past a detector--beeeeeep!!
    This is possible. The sensors at the doors of places like WalMart and such are NOT metal detectors. They are purely a security thing to detect the little widgets they put on merchandise if not deactivated. Those little gray pads at the cashiers station is what deactivates them. If you have good ears, you'll hear a semi-deep sounding "boing" when it deactivates.

Short version, make sure the cashier deactivates all the stuff you buy. Sometimes they miss things.

Re: Security Senors

Make sure that when you buy coats and shirts that they are deactivated. A lot of companies imbed them in the stitches.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

I've had this problem with certain cell phones on my person as well as a certain proxy ID card. New phone doesn't seem to cause problems and I don't carry that proxy card anywhere but where it's needed.\

NG19 makes a good point. I've purchased golf shirts and had the sensors trip.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 02-05-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Often, retailers will put little cardboard tags in books and other items than can be waved over a "deactivator" pad at checkout in order to deactivate the cardboard thingie that trips the sensor.

.....Oh, what fun can be had by "borrowing" these little doohickeys and dropping them into purses and coat pockets.

Not that I've ever done anything like this, mind you. I've simply heard about it from a friend.

...and if I ever pat you on the back at the grocery store, it's simply because I'm glad to see you.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 02-05-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks guys I'll look at all those things. at one point I thought it was my LCP, but that was not the case as I went in to the stores without it. I don't want to walk in OCing and that go off and deal with a MWAG call
    Last edited by McLintock; 02-05-2013 at 05:59 PM.