• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jr. High School coach shoots attackers

FlyBoy276

I was going to say, "oh no, now this guy's life is ruined due to the GFSZA..", and then read
Police sources say the coach has a Concealed Pistol License and is reportedly a reserve police officer.

BillHoo

But what is a "reserve police officer"?

I don't think we have those in my neighborhood. Does he go through the same police academy and get the same protections as active fulltime cops? Or is he more like a deputized neighborhood watch? (which has turned into a dirty word these days).

tcox4freedom

As far as I know "reserve" officers do go through police training. They just don't work "full-time". Some departments pay them and others departments treat them as a "volunteer" force. The county I live in doesn't have a lot of money. So, we depend on small paid fire & PDs and supplement the force with volunteers.

I can tell you that some of these officers (both FD & PD), are among the BEST anywhere!

-

Last edited:

Steve B

In Virgina they are fully trained, unpaid officers. (Maybe I should say were, as I believe the program has been stopped.)

KBCraig

Point of order: it was a high school, not a junior high.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
High School

not

Martin Luther King
Junior High School