• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

brokenhornmw

Hello All,

names Michael and new to forum.....i have opened carried a few times, mainly when i go hunting. i also have a CCW. I live here in RR and with the mood of the country and locally i want to get more involved. trying to find out about hearings up in Santa Fe and what i can do. Wrote all of our reps and senators except for heinrich (got the run around by his staff). I heard about a rally by sandia teaparty on the 8th in santa fe...anyone heard about it and what time they are meeting. can you OC or CCW on state property? anyone OC a rifle other than hunting?

AH.74

Welcome to the forum.

I heard 10 am on Friday.

Yes, you can OC or CC on state property (the roundhouse) in this case. At the first rally there were many people open carrying handguns and long guns.

For a summary of the prohibited locations and other laws go over to handgunlaw.us and bring up the NM file.