Thread: Arkansas House passes bill to allow guns in churches

Arkansas House passes bill to allow guns in churches

LITTLE ROCK, Ark (Reuters) - The Arkansas House of Representatives approved a bill on Monday to allow concealed-carry permit holders to take their weapons into churches, and it is expected to be signed into law by the state's governor.

The Church Protection Act would allow individual places of worship to decide whether to allow concealed handguns and who could carry them. The Republican-controlled House passed the bill 85-8 with bipartisan support. The measure previously passed the Republican-controlled Senate 28-4.

Arkansas joins a handful of other states, including South Carolina, Wyoming and Louisiana, that allow guns in churches, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/arkansas-ho...235026007.html
    Good news.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

A step in the right direction for sure! Now to get Open Carry passed...

It's a pretty bad bill as far as most churchgoers are concerned. Church carry remains illegal unless the church actually grants permission. Don't expect to see any notices posted giving permission to carry.

Already have permission where I go. Just waiting for Gov Beebe signature. Live in MO attend church in AR.
    Last edited by 9026543; 02-06-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Gov Beebe signed SB71 into law today. I have permission and am good to carry into services. Will not feel defenseless anymore.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2013/f...ll-law/?latest
    Last edited by 9026543; 02-11-2013 at 06:41 PM.