• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Impromptu Lunch Meetup at Bass Pro Shops All You Can Eat Fish & Chips Friday 02/08/13

sidestreet

Impromptu Lunch Meetup at Bass Pro Shops All You Can Eat Fish & Chips Friday 02/08/13

Okay, Skid said do it, so I'ma doin' it.

We always seem to have a good time and enjoy the food when we have our monthly dinners there, and I noticed that they have an "All You Can Eat Fish & Chips" offering on Fridays, so I thought "Well, I really enjoyed my F&C last time, and it seemed like the others did also, so why not give it a shot?"

Impromptu Lunch Meetup at Bass Pro Shops Islamorada Fish Company restaurant at 11550 Lakeridge Parkway, Ashland, VA 23005 (804) 496-4800 at 11:45 "ish". They open at 11 a.m. for lunch. I'll probably slip in a little early to shop some, glance at the bare ammo shelves and then retire to the restaurant to watch the "tide roll in" and have my way with some fish that couldn't keep their mouth shut and some spuds that met the veg-a-matic, while trying to find scouser a familiar flavor or two in the mix!

Of course, you can order other stuff too, but scouser and I will take the "challenge"! ;)

sidstreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

scouser

Like sidestreet said, I'll be there .. hopefully without Logan so I can enjoy a little adult time for a change. JC, check PMs I sent you my cell # in case we are in different zipcodes in Bass Pro :D

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I should be able to get out of the VA clinic (no, not that one!) by 10, so can make this.

Scouser, I understand your desire for some time witrh adults (boy, is that stretching it with this crowd) but watching Logan watch the fish in the tanks would have been a hoot. I understand that he is not allowed at the fish pond or on the ATVs any more.

stay safe.

sidestreet

Cool beans!!!

That's three so far, the more the merrier! :)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are nt equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Numenor

I should be able to get there, I've got a wedding later in the day up NW of Fredericksburg that I'm heading to so it's on the way.

sidestreet

Awesome!

I love it when a plan comes together! Glad it works out for you. That's four now..., Loooooking Goooood! ;)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless. (especially when we're having All-You-Can-Eat Fish & Chips!!!)

sidestreet

Yep, that would be cuttin' it pretty close...,

Gonna have to back out of this one, turns out the ceremony is at 1pm... >_<

but we may do it again, drive carefully, be safe, and don't forget to kiss the bride! ;)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

scouser

A very enjoyable lunch where I discovered that all you can eat fish and chips is, for me, 4 plates. I intended to do some shopping afterwards, but the work pants I wanted were not available today in the combination of waist/leg size I was looking for. I'll just order them from Bass Pro's website instead.

My thanks to skidmark and sidestreet for the "adult conversation" and, yes, I'm using that term loosely.