• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this for real??

Gil223

or is it tin hat time...

In court this is called reasonable doubt!!

You put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up -
SANDY HOOKED

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83066152#f2QYCQyTw1w96SMO.01

Well, Sheldon... the video is real, the content may or may not be. However, keep in mind that it was not a documentary, but a very well done slide show. I am not aware of the producer's intentions, and it may or may not be an honest portrayal of Sandy Hook. Looking back in our history, what radio listeners heard on the night October 30, 1938 was an adaptation, by Orson Welles's Mercury Theater group, of a science fiction novel written 40 years earlier: The War of the Worlds, by H.G. Wells. I'm going to assume that the entire country is familiar with the results... mass panic! "We're under attack by Martians!!" It could very well be "tin hat time", or perhaps just a little lightweight aluminum foil beanie would provide sufficient protection. Your question has been asked before in various places around the WWW, it has even been suggested that the entire event was staged for nefarious reasons, such as gaining support for Obama's gun control desires. The first such suggestion made me think of the "fake moon landing" theory, which was the apex of tinfoil hat-ism up until now. I do not trust politicians - period! There is no depth to which a politician would not sink in order to further his personal or party agenda. I believe politicians hold nothing sacred, have no sense of honor, and are generally devoid of either moral compass or conscience. Other than those few minor character flaws, they're fine folks. :rolleyes:

Do I believe that Sandy Hook was staged? Not entirely, if at all. There was a funeral held for 6 year old Emilie Parker - a Utah native - about 5 miles from where I live, and a casket was interred. Did it contain her remains? I have no idea. The level and complexity required of a conspiracy to conscript parents to publicly and falsely even claim that their child is dead, is mind boggling.

However, the producer of the slide show did extensive research, and has presented the world with "food for thought". The only question now is in regards to the nutritional value of that food. Will we thrive on it, or die of malnutrition? I believe it is possible that Sandy Hook was staged by the government, but I'm not anywhere near ready to light my torch, grab my pitchfork and march on the castle. There's just not enough concrete evidence to support the theory... yet. The jury is still out on this one. Pax...

eye95

Nope. Jury's in on this one.

Tin-foil time.

No amount of rational proof will convince these conspiracy theorists though, so why try? Every question has been answered, and questions are their only "proof." So let them think what they will. Since rationality is not at the base of conspiracy theories, rationality cannot refute them.

Sandy Hook was real. Its root cause was the fact that we used the law to lay those children defenseless, making them targets of opportunity for a looney who wanted to go out in a blaze of glory, killing as many innocents as he could before people with guns could respond.

This provided the politicians with a crisis that they will not let go to waste. Of course, their silly answer is to increase the number of laws precisely of the kind that CAUSED Sandy Hook, rather than roll back that kind of law and allow us to protect ourselves and our children.

If we take our eye off this ball to focus on silly conspiracy theories, we will be marginalized and dismissed. If we want our views to play in the arena of public opinion, we must focus on the real reason Sandy Hook happened and work for the real fix.

Stop the silliness; those who espouse these theories increase the chance of increased restrictive gun laws.