• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Elizabethtown

Daddynexxus

2. I noticed a very long sign prohibiting the carrying of weapons on the property. There is a handgun with the red dash through it, we've all seen them. Can we choose to ignore these signs and OC on the property, try our chances and see if we're asked to leave, or would that be unlawful?

3. Has anyone OC at the Elizabethtown Movie Police yet? I was planning on seeing a movie sometime next.

4. Are there any meets planned? If not it'd be nice to meet up with the fellow 2nd Amendment loving citizens.

5. In reference to 65.870 are we allowed to OC at:
-Hospitals
-Police/Sheriff Departmet
-Courthouse (doubt it)
-Freeman Lake
-Doctor's Offices
-Wellfare office

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member

2. I noticed a very long sign prohibiting the carrying of weapons on the property. There is a handgun with the red dash through it, we've all seen them. Can we choose to ignore these signs and OC on the property, try our chances and see if we're asked to leave, or would that be unlawful?

3. Has anyone OC at the Elizabethtown Movie Police yet? I was planning on seeing a movie sometime next.

4. Are there any meets planned? If not it'd be nice to meet up with the fellow 2nd Amendment loving citizens.

5. In reference to 65.870 are we allowed to OC at:
-Hospitals
-Police/Sheriff Departmet
-Courthouse (doubt it)
-Freeman Lake
-Doctor's Offices
-Wellfare office

You can OC in all of the places mentioned; you might want to check on whether Freeman Lake is operated by the Army Core of Engineers. If the ENTIRE lake is controlled by the ACoE, then you cannot carry. If the lake is NOT controlled by ACoE, then you can carry anywhere you please.

As for courthouses, it is okay to carry as long as it is NOT a Court of Justice facility. A COJ facility consists of Circuit Court, District Court and the Circuit Clerk. The KY Appeals courts and the KY Supreme Court are also COJ facilities and off limits. If it is just a regular county courthouse with public offices then you CAN carry and they CANNOT prohibit you from doing so.

In Kentucky, you CAN ignore "no gun" signs as long as they are NOT posted on a place that is specifically mentioned in KY Law as being a criminal offense if you carry on the premises. The ONLY places that you CANNOT 'OC' are K-12 schools, detention facilities (unless you have the jailer/warden's permission to do so) and COJ facilities.

If you are carrying in ANY private establishment and they ask you to leave you MUST leave or you can be arrested and charged with Criminal Trespass.

I suggest you read the thread at the top of the Kentucky sub-forum titled "Kentucky Law."

There are no meetings scheduled as of now, but I would also like to resume our monthly meetings. I do not know where you are located, but we used to have a monthly get-together in Ashland every month.

EDIT: I just realized you are in Elizabethtown which is a fairly LONG drive from Ashland. You could always attempt to get some of the guys and gals together that are closer your way. Just ask if anyone would like to meet up and grab a bite to eat sometime.

Last edited:

ps1mhd

1. Just wanted to start off by saying the GM at Red Lobster doesn't like OCing.

This is what I got from Red Lobester

Thank you for your interest in Red Lobster.

We deeply respect and appreciate your perspective and motivation to contact us. Red Lobster's focus is to provide all of our guests with a refreshing seaside dining experience. Our company’s general policy regarding firearms in our restaurants is to follow the state law. In fact, when state law allows concealed carry but provides an "opt out" clause for individual businesses Red Lobster we elect to comply with the law as it is written and do not opt out.

If you have any questions about specific states, you may reply to this email or speak with the general manager of your local restaurant.

We appreciate the time you took to write to us.

Sincerely,

Mark
Red Lobster Guest Relations

If there is a sign on their store and the GM will not change it write the main office.

Mike

Colcat

Freeman lake is City Property . You should be fine there , if not feel free to contact me I worked for the City of Elizabethtown for 15 years (at city hall) And personally know the Parks Director ,Mayor All city officials And multiple City LEO's(I would help with Swat training) and Hardin County Sheriffs deputies.

Last edited: