Thread: OC in Kansas City?

OC in Kansas City?

I mow the lawn at my Church, it takes me 3 hours to do it (about 5 acres or so). Is it ok to OC on a church lawn? also the church is not in the best area (96th and blue ridge).
    Last edited by McLintock; 02-05-2013 at 06:09 PM.

You should obtain permission from the head of the church or council. If your a member they may not care as long as your not inside the building.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWNKILLER View Post
    You should obtain permission from the head of the church or council. If your a member they may not care as long as your not inside the building.
    I agree. As long you obtain permission from the Minister, or director or Head Council member of the church, you should be fine. Just do not enter the building with your weapon on your person without express permission to do so as it is against Missouri law.

I cannot however vouch for any Police officer who may happen by and see your weapon, and question you as to why you're wearing your weapon on church premises.
    Last edited by SixGunCowboy; 02-08-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    Just do not enter the building with your weapon on your person without express permission to do so as it is against Missouri law.
    it is restricted from statue 571.107 and not a criminal act unless you do not leave when asked; remember that.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    I agree. As long you obtain permission from the Minister, or director or Head Council member of the church, you should be fine. Just do not enter the building with your weapon on your person without express permission to do so as it is against Missouri law.
    So if i have the Pastors/head of the church permission I can OC in the building with or without people there? Me and another member were just talking about if we could OC on Sundays with permission, as we have had some shading people coming around and some break-ins in the past.
    "Shoot low boys, their ridin' shetland ponies"

Quote Originally Posted by McLintock View Post
    So if i have the Pastors/head of the church permission I can OC in the building with or without people there? Me and another member were just talking about if we could OC on Sundays with permission, as we have had some shading people coming around and some break-ins in the past.
    That is my understanding. As long as you have express permission from the Minister, Head Council member of the church or the person in charge of the "religious organization," you should have no problem. Statute 571.107, subsection 14.

(14) Any church or other place of religious worship without the consent of the minister or person or persons representing the religious organization that exercises control over the place of religious worship. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;