• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Kansas City?

McLintock

I mow the lawn at my Church, it takes me 3 hours to do it (about 5 acres or so). Is it ok to OC on a church lawn? also the church is not in the best area (96th and blue ridge).

Last edited:

LAWNKILLER

You should obtain permission from the head of the church or council. If your a member they may not care as long as your not inside the building.

SixGunCowboy

You should obtain permission from the head of the church or council. If your a member they may not care as long as your not inside the building.

I agree. As long you obtain permission from the Minister, or director or Head Council member of the church, you should be fine. Just do not enter the building with your weapon on your person without express permission to do so as it is against Missouri law.

I cannot however vouch for any Police officer who may happen by and see your weapon, and question you as to why you're wearing your weapon on church premises.

Last edited:

kylemoul

Just do not enter the building with your weapon on your person without express permission to do so as it is against Missouri law.

it is restricted from statue 571.107 and not a criminal act unless you do not leave when asked; remember that.

McLintock

I agree. As long you obtain permission from the Minister, or director or Head Council member of the church, you should be fine. Just do not enter the building with your weapon on your person without express permission to do so as it is against Missouri law.

So if i have the Pastors/head of the church permission I can OC in the building with or without people there? Me and another member were just talking about if we could OC on Sundays with permission, as we have had some shading people coming around and some break-ins in the past.

SixGunCowboy

So if i have the Pastors/head of the church permission I can OC in the building with or without people there? Me and another member were just talking about if we could OC on Sundays with permission, as we have had some shading people coming around and some break-ins in the past.

That is my understanding. As long as you have express permission from the Minister, Head Council member of the church or the person in charge of the "religious organization," you should have no problem. Statute 571.107, subsection 14.

(14) Any church or other place of religious worship without the consent of the minister or person or persons representing the religious organization that exercises control over the place of religious worship. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;