Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oak Harbor gun ban debate at council meeting becomes national news, SAF warns city of

Oak Harbor gun ban debate at council meeting becomes national news, SAF warns city of

I saw this on Facebook.

http://www.king5.com/news/politics/O...189843391.html

The gun debate is expected to lead to a packed city council meeting in Oak Harbor Tuesday as the council considers repealing a city ordinance that bans guns at city parks and marinas.

Gun rights groups are calling on people to turn out because of what happened at the last council meeting when the ban came up. That meeting snowballed into a gun control issue between a disabled military veteran, Lucas Yonkman, and city councilman Rick Almberg. The confrontation was posted on YouTube.
    I read it. I saw the video it refers to. Which one of you was that by the way?
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Pre meeting is streaming live now. OC is in view from the camera.

http://media.oakharbor.org/CityCouncil.asx

It must be over because nothings there.

What'd I miss?
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Nevermind. Someone is asking council members to resign. It was a firefox issue.

Is he wearing a black rifle? The caption is covering whatever's hangin from his black sling ... oh yes he is .. nice applause too.
    Last edited by sharkey; 02-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    It must be over because nothings there.

What'd I miss?
    Its still going. The video can be choppy, guessing lots of people watching.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 02-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Any updates? My tablet won't let me view the video stream.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Quote Originally Posted by xxx.jakk.xxx View Post
    Any updates? My tablet won't let me view the video stream.
    Been 5 Pro and 2 Anti talk during public comment. First 2 or 3 were really good Pro. The 2 anti's that talked were the same ones to talk in the previous meeting.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 02-05-2013 at 09:39 PM.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Some polite, articulate pro 2A speeches. Also, been a couple of anti gunners, but using emotion versus facts.

GoGo is up now.

Last edited by slapmonkay; 02-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.

I.....coul....dn't......g....et......all.....of... .hi....s.....state....me....nts.....

Da....n....g!.....!

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    GoGo is up now.
    Have they tried to pass any motions to remove armed individual and did the antis keep any of the pro 2a people out by taking the space?
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Have they tried to pass any motions to remove armed individual and did the antis keep any of the pro 2a people out by taking the space?
    No but they (same council member) are trying to having signs removed from the chambers.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 02-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.

The sign can stay says legal council and mayor
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 02-05-2013 at 09:52 PM.

No but they (same council member) are trying to having signs removed from the chambers.
    Like pro/ anti signs being held by the people? So he's against 2 rights, 1 and 2?

Molōn labe!

Man I love this. Great meeting for a town I don't live in.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

1A is upheld.

Like pro/ anti signs being held by the people? So he's against 2 rights, 1 and 2?
    Yes, 'Political' based signs.

Gun talk is over, video plays fine now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Gun talk is over, video plays fine now. LOL
    They still have not got to the topic that brought everyone there.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    +1

The ordinance is up now.

Council Member Bob Severns introduced a motion, regarding the ordinance. Emergency ordinance modification to come into compliance to take effect immediately. The proposal is an Emergency ordinance to take effect ASAP.

Legal Council is advising the proposal.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 02-05-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Council Member Bob Severns introduced a motion, regarding the ordinance. Emergency ordinance modification to come into compliance to take effect immediately. The proposal is an Emergency ordinance to take effect ASAP.

Legal Council is advising the proposal.
    Did it pass or will the be being sued? Lol

Molōn labe!

Just now Unanimously, Passed.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 02-05-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    Sorry, I couldn't tell with the stuttering like it was 1990 dial up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast