Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC In Davie Co.

OC In Davie Co.

Hello all! New to the forums, I am from Mocksville and just recently got a handgun. It's a FMK (For My Kountry) 9MM. Pretty nifty and got it and a nice holster for around 450$ at best fire arms, anyways, was just wondering if you guys had any encounters in or around Mocksville / Davie County or good/bad experiences in stores? ?
    Last edited by GrizzlySG; 02-05-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Carried Today -

Walmart off 40 in mocksville - Nothing not even looks, had a guy recommending a gun cleaning kit though
    Sheetz on 601 in mocksville - Nothing
    Walgreens beside the bank on 601 - Nothing, cashier was super friendly though

OC In Davie Co.

Keep on carrying! Not many people open carry around Winston Salem where I'm from. Ive got some "looks" but no real problems yet...did have a lil run in at Walmart tonight on Peters Creek. Just a young know it all liberal.

Welcome to OCDO!
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Thanks for the welcome!

SEO - Where all have you carried in winston? I go there frequently to get cold stone,mall, ect. trying to find out where is safe zone :P

Quote Originally Posted by SEO View Post
    Keep on carrying! Not many people open carry around Winston Salem where I'm from. Ive got some "looks" but no real problems yet...did have a lil run in at Walmart tonight on Peters Creek. Just a young know it all liberal.
    please give more detail

i carry all the time in winston. i do think the W-S government is very anti constitution
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

i forgot, it's been a year or two now. i went to a store just on 601, i noticed a plains clothes going out as i came in. he pulled over to the side and watched me till i left. that's fine, as long as they don't harass me

wrote it up on this site.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

OC'd in CJ's BBQ - Had a woman across the room stare at my side the whole time I was eating, no issues though.

Saw a nice older fellow in Advance Autoparts open carrying a 380, i blelieve anyways, asked him if he has always OC'd, he said yep, if it was one of you guys, hope that torque wrench worked out for ya!

Well this thread caught my eye as I'm in the process of getting ready to move out of Rowan County to Davie County hopefully here in the next couple of weeks. Mine have barrel lengths too long to be concealled, so I always open carry them. I know the manager at the O'Reilly's in Mocksville, he used to be here in Salisbury and is used to seeing me carry my .44. I hope they don't freak out at Southern States as that is where I'll probably be buying most of my horse feed, and will likely be buying materials at the Lowe's there for my barn.

Quote Originally Posted by cap-n-ball View Post
    Well this thread caught my eye as I'm in the process of getting ready to move out of Rowan County to Davie County hopefully here in the next couple of weeks. Mine have barrel lengths too long to be concealled, so I always open carry them. I know the manager at the O'Reilly's in Mocksville, he used to be here in Salisbury and is used to seeing me carry my .44. I hope they don't freak out at Southern States as that is where I'll probably be buying most of my horse feed, and will likely be buying materials at the Lowe's there for my barn.
    Colt Walker?
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Walking Wolf,Remington Army .44 and on occasion a .36 Navy Colt.

Walking Wolf,Remington Army .44 and on occasion a .36 Navy Colt.
    I have those, I carry normally a Navy conversion, but have several cap and ball Navies. I also have Remy and a Colt Walker Second Model Dragon, due to it's weight I have never carried the Second Model for a open carry revolver.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

OC In Davie Co.

Nice we will have to organize a meet if we can get some more to tag along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keep calm and carry a firearm.

shall we set aside space for 100 different threads each of the counties for sightings of ppl OC'g?

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Davie County

I am in Davie County but new to this forum and I have never OC'd before but would like to. I would attend any get together.

Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    shall we set aside space for 100 different threads each of the counties for sightings of ppl OC'g?

wabbit
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    I am in Davie County but new to this forum and I have never OC'd before but would like to. I would attend any get together.
    Haven't saw many from davie on here. But you should give it a go. Walmart is super gun friendly and most other places along with with sheriffs department.

Grizzly I may try that as here in the Salisbury Walmart, people start freaking out if someone even mentions the word gun. I normally carry mine in a cross draw style holster that was made for my Colt but right now carrying my Remington in it.

Grizzly I may try that as here in the Salisbury Walmart, people start freaking out if someone even mentions the word gun. I normally carry mine in a cross draw style holster that was made for my Colt but right now carrying my Remington in it.
    I have been working on a cross draw holster for my navies, but I ran out of thread last night.

I am hoping that the wife will be able to find a roll of 80# test upholster thread at Wally World, but I doubt it. She has taken my bug to carry, so now I need to carry a second navy for a bug.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Thread hijack

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I have been working on a cross draw holster for my navies, but I ran out of thread last night.

I am hoping that the wife will be able to find a roll of 80# test upholster thread at Wally World, but I doubt it. She has taken my bug to carry, so now I need to carry a second navy for a bug.
    I would like to see some pics of holsters you've made. I have a "thing" for leather, even though I have been using my kydex XD holster frequently lately.

Quote Originally Posted by .40 Cal View Post
    I would like to see some pics of holsters you've made. I have a "thing" for leather, even though I have been using my kydex XD holster frequently lately.
    I actually did not make this one, I took a cheap Oklahoma leather holster took all the thread out. I then lined it with leather from motorcycle chaps that had been damaged in a crash years ago(I rarely throw anything away). I have made holsters in the past when I was younger, but just had not bothered with it in the later years. I will usually hunt around for a deal the OK holster was cheap, just a few bucks at a flea market.

The problem I have with making them is I have not found a source of tooling leather locally. I like to look at what I am buying rather than buying online. There is a Tandy in Raleigh but that is too much of PITA to go up there for leather. I may just have to break down and buy some leather on line and see if it is worth it. Last week I made a sheath for a kukri out of 4 inch sewer PVC pipe. I bought 10 ft of it from Lowes for 12 bucks. I have a few projects I am planning for it, like flash bang holster for the wife.

I am planning on making a couple leather holsters for two guns as soon as I find leather. When I do I will post some pics of them when I am done.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Really? I've went into that Walmart plenty as it's not to far and I go to tilleys often, never had any issues there. But there are some people I could picture being that way depending on which side of the city they are from if you catch my drift lol

Quote Originally Posted by SEO View Post
    I live in WS and will be OC . Would love to see a get together somewhere close by!

OC In Davie Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycupcake View Post
    I live in WS and will be OC . Would love to see a get together somewhere close by!
    I'd come out!

Keep calm and carry a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlySG View Post
    I'd come out!

sounds good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast