• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC In Davie Co.

WalkingWolf

I would like to see some pics of holsters you've made. I have a "thing" for leather, even though I have been using my kydex XD holster frequently lately.

I actually did not make this one, I took a cheap Oklahoma leather holster took all the thread out. I then lined it with leather from motorcycle chaps that had been damaged in a crash years ago(I rarely throw anything away). I have made holsters in the past when I was younger, but just had not bothered with it in the later years. I will usually hunt around for a deal the OK holster was cheap, just a few bucks at a flea market.

The problem I have with making them is I have not found a source of tooling leather locally. I like to look at what I am buying rather than buying online. There is a Tandy in Raleigh but that is too much of PITA to go up there for leather. I may just have to break down and buy some leather on line and see if it is worth it. Last week I made a sheath for a kukri out of 4 inch sewer PVC pipe. I bought 10 ft of it from Lowes for 12 bucks. I have a few projects I am planning for it, like flash bang holster for the wife.

I am planning on making a couple leather holsters for two guns as soon as I find leather. When I do I will post some pics of them when I am done.

GrizzlySG

Grizzly I may try that as here in the Salisbury Walmart, people start freaking out if someone even mentions the word gun. I normally carry mine in a cross draw style holster that was made for my Colt but right now carrying my Remington in it.

Really? I've went into that Walmart plenty as it's not to far and I go to tilleys often, never had any issues there. But there are some people I could picture being that way depending on which side of the city they are from if you catch my drift lol

Saltycupcake

Keep on carrying! Not many people open carry around Winston Salem where I'm from. Ive got some "looks" but no real problems yet...did have a lil run in at Walmart tonight on Peters Creek. Just a young know it all liberal.

I live in WS and will be OC . Would love to see a get together somewhere close by!