Thread: CA Trying to Force Gun Insurance

CA Trying to Force Gun Insurance

Democratic lawmakers proposed legislation Tuesday that would require California gun owners to buy liability insurance to cover damages or injuries caused by their weapons.
    I'm not sure what to say to this. Obviously I do NOT support it and even believe it to be unConstitutional. But trying to force such a thing just blows my mind. And given their gun registration for all handguns and various other weapons, it would be pretty easy for them to go after the law-abiding who don't comply (either because they don't know of the change or because they view it as unConstitutional and thus void at signing).

North Chesterfield VA
    Relax. Does anybody except the legislature expect an insurance underwriter to offer a liability policy specific to firearms?

My best guess is they are trying to find a way to redirect claims by those who failed in the victim selectioon process away from state-paid medical treatment, care, rehabilitation and welfare support. Good luck with that.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

I wouldn't relax. This could set a horrible precedent for other states.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

earth's crust
    The democrats went to this web page:

And started looking at all the goofy gun control laws of other countries ..

Then started making bills based on these other countries' gun control laws that will not pass muster in the US.

Why? Why not - is their motto.

Battle Creek, ,

Listened to the show while on the road yesterday (sat radio), lots of good points, do we next insure matches because of arson, knifes because they cut and are more popular a weapon than guns, ladders because more people die from falls???
    All this will do is make the insurance company's very rich nothing else, while still denying personal responsibility for actions by individuals that will always find and misuse anything they can....