• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any feedback from state reps about e-cert process of gun bill(s) ?

Skinnedknuckles

I received this from Bill Simanski on Jan 31 in response to my question about e-cert, so it may be a bit out of date. I haven't gotten a response from Kevin Witkos except a robo-response to direct my questions directly to the Task Force:

I haven't heard anything about this. I doubt this would happen because the task force is truly bipartisan. It was convened by the Legislature to make recommendations and proposals. It will not be drafting bills.

I'll be on the lookout just in case the Governor's task force tries to do something but once again, it is only the Legislature that can call for emergency certification and I can't see them doing this since they (we) haven't heard from our own task force yet.

Bill Simanski

davidmcbeth

Banned
I received this from Bill Simanski on Jan 31 in response to my question about e-cert, so it may be a bit out of date. I haven't gotten a response from Kevin Witkos except a robo-response to direct my questions directly to the Task Force:

I haven't heard anything about this. I doubt this would happen because the task force is truly bipartisan. It was convened by the Legislature to make recommendations and proposals. It will not be drafting bills.

I'll be on the lookout just in case the Governor's task force tries to do something but once again, it is only the Legislature that can call for emergency certification and I can't see them doing this since they (we) haven't heard from our own task force yet.

Bill Simanski

The task force, which includes Democratic committee chairs and Republican ranking members, will provide recommendations to Senate and House leadership with the goal of producing a bipartisan emergency certified bill in late February. from: http://ctsenaterepublicans.com/2013/.../#.UQsuRpYuEW8

Maybe this guy should read his own party's website ... you may wish to call him back and see if he approves of an e-cert and what will he vote on such a bill

Last edited: