Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Gun ban testimony even the Immigrants get it!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek, ,
    Posts
    559

    Thumbs up Gun ban testimony even the Immigrants get it!

    Incredible Speech on Gun Violence Even the immigrants get it!!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hY2JR92Scmk

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Excellent.

    I would take issue with one thing: We should not have to argue that we need AR-15s. The Right is to keep and bear them period, not to keep and bear them if we can prove that we need to.

    However, he is right. Had those store owners during the King riots not had AR-15-like firearms, they would not have been able to defend their stores from total destruction.

    He chose America because we have Liberty. I hope we don't lose it while he is here. That is a worse crime than taking my Liberty, the Liberty I was born into. It is twice as horrific to take the Liberty of one who risked it all to choose that Liberty.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Excellent.

    I would take issue with one thing: We should not have to argue that we need AR-15s. The Right is to keep and bear them period, not to keep and bear them if we can prove that we need to.
    +1

    Nobody needs anything but food, water, and possibly sunlight.

    Need is irrelevant. If lack of need is an appropriate basis for abrogation of right, we might as well toss out the 1st, 4th and 5th amendments, too. Nobody needs any of that; people in China manage to live despite the lack of such rights.

    You're not going let me keep my AR-15 because I "need" it, you're going to let me keep it because it's my right to own it, and it's not your right to dispossess me of it.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    You're not going let me keep my AR-15 because I "need" it, you're going to let me keep it because it's my right to own it, and it's not your right to dispossess me of it.
    You do not need your fire extinguisher either as you have no fire currently ...

    I like this speaker ... mentioned Miller !

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    398
    Great video, great man in the video. Horrible thread title. Sorry, but that wording is a bit insulting.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek, ,
    Posts
    559

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    Great video, great man in the video. Horrible thread title. Sorry, but that wording is a bit insulting.
    He's an (legal) Immigrant and he gets it, he is smarter than the Democrats who do not just what part is insulting that is unless you are a anti gun Democrat... Or if you add words where none are.....
    Last edited by Sheldon; 02-07-2013 at 11:56 AM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    He's an (legal) Immigrant and he gets it, he is smarter than the Democrats who do not just what part is insulting that is unless you are a anti gun Democrat... Or if you add words where none are.....
    This is all I am trying to say:

    "Gun ban testimony even the immigrants get it!" = Highly insulting to all immigrants because it implies that we think/should think/thought that they are too stupid? ignorant? liberal? to get it.

    "Gun ban testimony, even an immigrant gets it!" = Better, but still insulting to immigrants for the same reason.

    "Gun ban testimony, a legal immigrant schools congress!" = Excellent, complimentary to this and all immigrants and also does a better job of explaining what the video is about.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Gun ban testimony even the Immigrants get it!

    Actually, that view tells us a lot about YOU!

    I took it to mean that immigrants were far less likely to understand our rights. Yet this immigrant understood better than anti legislators. If you think his comment is about intelligence, the question of the intelligence of immigrants is in your mind, not his!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  9. #9
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    This is all I am trying to say:

    "Gun ban testimony even the immigrants get it!" = Highly insulting to all immigrants because it implies that we think/should think/thought that they are too stupid? ignorant? liberal? to get it.

    "Gun ban testimony, even an immigrant gets it!" = Better, but still insulting to immigrants for the same reason.

    "Gun ban testimony, a legal immigrant schools congress!" = Excellent, complimentary to this and all immigrants and also does a better job of explaining what the video is about.
    "Gun ban testimony, even a "CAVEMAN" gets it"?.... any better or just a play on an ad campaign?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Most naturalized citizens (was that the phrase y'all were looking for?) understand the importance and necessity of the Second Amendment a lot more than those who were born in the USA. Mr. Ong could be from any of a handful of SE Asian countries that were/are experiencing the joys of communistic political philosophy, or - and yes, that's my age showing - he could be the second generation of refugees but the first generation of naturalized citizens.

    Not only have I met large numbers of refugees/immigrants who have aimed for the American shores, but have had the experience of living in many countries that were ruled by political systems that did not allow possession of firearms by the citizens because there was a real fear that those firearms would be used to overthrow the government. During that time I also observed a few "revolutions" - both the ones against colonial rule and the ones against the dictators that set up shop after throwing the colonial imperialists out. Also, a few spectacularly unsuccessful attempts to overthrow communism. If nothing else those experiences convinced me that not just having the ability to, but actually possessing a firearm is the surest protection from tyranny. If your politics are not fueled by money from drug cartels or other Big Business interests, you may not start out with all the whiz-bang gimmicks the standing army has, but you can start collecting bits and pieces until you have the whole collection. It's just easier to do using firearms than with harsh voices or butter knives.

    So far we are still at the point of using the soapbox and the ballot box. It's going to take a lot to make folks move away from those, but when push comes to shove I both fear and delight that our vaunted military will not be up to the task.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek, ,
    Posts
    559

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Actually, that view tells us a lot about YOU!

    I took it to mean that immigrants were far less likely to understand our rights. Yet this immigrant understood better than anti legislators. If you think his comment is about intelligence, the question of the intelligence of immigrants is in your mind, not his!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Ding ding ding give that guy a a cigar!
    Many immigrants are raised and brainwashed by their homeland that guns are bad, evil, only the government should have, you have no right to self defense, are to bow to your government because they are always right... Yep he nailed it!
    Last edited by Sheldon; 02-08-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •