• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun ban testimony even the Immigrants get it!

eye95

Excellent.

I would take issue with one thing: We should not have to argue that we need AR-15s. The Right is to keep and bear them period, not to keep and bear them if we can prove that we need to.

However, he is right. Had those store owners during the King riots not had AR-15-like firearms, they would not have been able to defend their stores from total destruction.

He chose America because we have Liberty. I hope we don't lose it while he is here. That is a worse crime than taking my Liberty, the Liberty I was born into. It is twice as horrific to take the Liberty of one who risked it all to choose that Liberty.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Excellent.

I would take issue with one thing: We should not have to argue that we need AR-15s. The Right is to keep and bear them period, not to keep and bear them if we can prove that we need to.

+1

Nobody needs anything but food, water, and possibly sunlight.

Need is irrelevant. If lack of need is an appropriate basis for abrogation of right, we might as well toss out the 1st, 4th and 5th amendments, too. Nobody needs any of that; people in China manage to live despite the lack of such rights.

You're not going let me keep my AR-15 because I "need" it, you're going to let me keep it because it's my right to own it, and it's not your right to dispossess me of it.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You're not going let me keep my AR-15 because I "need" it, you're going to let me keep it because it's my right to own it, and it's not your right to dispossess me of it.

You do not need your fire extinguisher either as you have no fire currently ...

I like this speaker ... mentioned Miller !

Sheldon

Great video, great man in the video. Horrible thread title. Sorry, but that wording is a bit insulting.

He's an (legal) Immigrant and he gets it, he is smarter than the Democrats who do not just what part is insulting that is unless you are a anti gun Democrat... Or if you add words where none are.....

Last edited:

arentol

He's an (legal) Immigrant and he gets it, he is smarter than the Democrats who do not just what part is insulting that is unless you are a anti gun Democrat... Or if you add words where none are.....

This is all I am trying to say:

"Gun ban testimony even the immigrants get it!" = Highly insulting to all immigrants because it implies that we think/should think/thought that they are too stupid? ignorant? liberal? to get it.

"Gun ban testimony, even an immigrant gets it!" = Better, but still insulting to immigrants for the same reason.

"Gun ban testimony, a legal immigrant schools congress!" = Excellent, complimentary to this and all immigrants and also does a better job of explaining what the video is about.

eye95

Actually, that view tells us a lot about YOU!

I took it to mean that immigrants were far less likely to understand our rights. Yet this immigrant understood better than anti legislators. If you think his comment is about intelligence, the question of the intelligence of immigrants is in your mind, not his!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

JoeSparky

Centurion
This is all I am trying to say:

"Gun ban testimony even the immigrants get it!" = Highly insulting to all immigrants because it implies that we think/should think/thought that they are too stupid? ignorant? liberal? to get it.

"Gun ban testimony, even an immigrant gets it!" = Better, but still insulting to immigrants for the same reason.

"Gun ban testimony, a legal immigrant schools congress!" = Excellent, complimentary to this and all immigrants and also does a better job of explaining what the video is about.

"Gun ban testimony, even a "CAVEMAN" gets it"?.... any better or just a play on an ad campaign?:banghead:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Most naturalized citizens (was that the phrase y'all were looking for?) understand the importance and necessity of the Second Amendment a lot more than those who were born in the USA. Mr. Ong could be from any of a handful of SE Asian countries that were/are experiencing the joys of communistic political philosophy, or - and yes, that's my age showing - he could be the second generation of refugees but the first generation of naturalized citizens.

Not only have I met large numbers of refugees/immigrants who have aimed for the American shores, but have had the experience of living in many countries that were ruled by political systems that did not allow possession of firearms by the citizens because there was a real fear that those firearms would be used to overthrow the government. During that time I also observed a few "revolutions" - both the ones against colonial rule and the ones against the dictators that set up shop after throwing the colonial imperialists out. Also, a few spectacularly unsuccessful attempts to overthrow communism. If nothing else those experiences convinced me that not just having the ability to, but actually possessing a firearm is the surest protection from tyranny. If your politics are not fueled by money from drug cartels or other Big Business interests, you may not start out with all the whiz-bang gimmicks the standing army has, but you can start collecting bits and pieces until you have the whole collection. It's just easier to do using firearms than with harsh voices or butter knives.

So far we are still at the point of using the soapbox and the ballot box. It's going to take a lot to make folks move away from those, but when push comes to shove I both fear and delight that our vaunted military will not be up to the task.

stay safe.

Sheldon

Actually, that view tells us a lot about YOU!

I took it to mean that immigrants were far less likely to understand our rights. Yet this immigrant understood better than anti legislators. If you think his comment is about intelligence, the question of the intelligence of immigrants is in your mind, not his!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Ding ding ding give that guy a a cigar!
Many immigrants are raised and brainwashed by their homeland that guns are bad, evil, only the government should have, you have no right to self defense, are to bow to your government because they are always right... Yep he nailed it!

Last edited: