• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lunch meet up in Paducah

Orion_13

I would like to have a lunch meet up some time soon in Paducah with all of us OCing. I'd like to meet other like minded people in the area and see what we can do to promote a positive impact on our community about carrying and also getting training whether that be safety, conceal carry, or defensive.

No I don't think everyone should be armed. I do think everyone would benefit from safety training though. Who knows how anyone may come across a gun in their life. You maybe the first on a car crash scene where a person had one in the car. Now that weapon is laying in the street. You need to know how to pick it up and clear it. Then put it in a safe location. This is just one of many examples I can think of. It just makes sense to train everyone in gun safety when there is millions of them in this country.

Orion

AE68W

Lunch Meet up and OC

That'd be awesome! I live in Paducah right now, right over by Western Baptist. I tend to open carry almost 95% of the time when out of the house. I would also like to see who all in the area are supporting this right to carry OC. Lemme know when's a good time!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I would like to have a lunch meet up some time soon in Paducah with all of us OCing. I'd like to meet other like minded people in the area and see what we can do to promote a positive impact on our community about carrying and also getting training whether that be safety, conceal carry, or defensive.
--snip--
Build it and they will come.

Start a new thread with place, time and date - be sure to put the date in the title. Then ask for a sticky to keep it on top - send me a PM w/link to the thread.

Generally give at least 7-10 days advance notice. Even if you only garner a few people, it is a beginning and it is great putting faces and personalities to those that post/read here.

Orion_13

I knew I couldn't be the only one in town doing it. I just haven't seen anyone else out. But to be fair, the cold weather keeps me in this time of the year. Does anyone have a suggestion on a restaurant that is openly friendly to OCing? I would like for the first couple of meet ups to be about the people and less about the potential drama. I think Buffalo Wild Wings is off the table. LOL.

Orion
Semper Gero

Last edited:

AE68W

I've OC'd in several restaurants...O'Charleys, Backyard Burger, McCallisters, Steak 'n Shake...give me a name of a place and I'll let you know if I have had trouble there or not. Lol. But honestly I have never had any trouble in Paducah so far.:cool:

flb_78

When you decide on a concrete date, post it here and in the Illinois forum. Maybe you can get some of the Southern Illinois Nazis to come down and enjoy some freedom in free state. :D

I post this because I am originally from Illinois.

and the Illinois Nazi reference is from the Blues Brothers, I don't really think everyone in Illinois is a Nazi, just the government.

Orion_13

Ok, I was looking at my calendar and thinking about Feb 22nd @
Gatti's Pizza
3001 Irving Cobb Drive
Paducah, KY 42001

This would give us a buffet to graze at with plenty of choices for most everyone. I will go by there to see if they have any signs posted about no guns before we set this in stone or anything. If anyone has different ideas/suggestions I'm open. I'm not dead set on the date either but we have to start some where. If lunch on a Saturday would pull in more people then I would be ok with that too.

Again I will drive by Gatti's today to verify the door stickers/signage issue or non-issue.

Orion

AE68W

Lunch in Paducah

Sorry guys haven't been on in awhile. I'm still game for going out for lunch, if anyone's still interested. I've been looking at moving out of Paducah into Hardin, but I still work up here, so I'm game for anytime. Hope there are still some of us that are wanting to do this. Lemme know if anyone wants to try! PM me or text me at 270-227-four two niner eight.