Thread: 10 Million Gun Owner March – Washington, DC – 25 May 2013

10 Million Gun Owner March – Washington, DC – 25 May 2013

Mark your calendars.

http://www.gunmarch.com/
    Last edited by 1776; 02-06-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Re: 10 Million Gun Owner March – Washington, DC – 25 May 2013

I do believe that I'll try and make that. Ah the beauty of being retired! Can anyone tell me if there's a way to legally open carry at this event?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
    I do believe that I'll try and make that. Ah the beauty of being retired! Can anyone tell me if there's a way to legally open carry at this event?

Please tell me this is sarcasm?

You CANNOT carry a firearm in Washington D.C., nor can you even have one unless you go through the 2A infringing registration and training process.

A bunch of people will show up to waste their time. When will people realise that the current administration and Congress do NOT care about what we think or want?
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Re: 10 Million Gun Owner March – Washington, DC – 25 May 2013

Wasn't being sarcastic, just thought there might be a way. Oh well, have fun being bitter.

Banned
    Most gun control bills are DOA in congress ... I would rather spend my energies dealing with state issues ...

And I'm in nazi-land here ... unless I learn how to hypnotize ... I will not have any affect on my fed. reps.

Preliminary Planning: Gun Owner's march on the National Mall, Washington DC

http://www.gunmarch.com

Saturday May 25th, 2013

Note to Old Virginia Joe, I also sent the link to VanCleave so he can decide whether to publish the info in the VCDL alert. I'd sure like to see the goal of a 10M gun owner's march become a reality...especially if there were a sea of orange GSL stickers on the news coverage.

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up THIS time! One caution on that expected "news coverage." I was at the massive 2009 Tea Party March in D.C., and we were left with very little coverage (if any?) on that massive crowd. The media is a joke anymore. They know how it galls the right to be ignored that way. If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it, did it make a noise? If a million marchers go to DC, and the press doesn't tell anyone (including the elected representatives), did it really happen?
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

A fancy web page with no information about who the people are behind this event.

I don't care what the cause is, I want to know who is the driving force behind it. Even if this is a true "grass roots" thing that sort of grew up around folks sitting around (literally and on the internet) talking about wanting to "do something" there has to be a core bunch that, among other things, "secures the venue". So, who are they?

"But skidmark," you ask, "Why does it make any difference who it is so long as the reason for the march is clean and pure?"

Well, let me answer my own question: it matters because until we know who is behind this we will not know if the reason is clean and pure. For all I know the Brady Bunch and Mayor Bloomberg's Illegal Mayors Against Guns could be setting this up to be able to use facial recognition to ID gun owners or other "radicals". It could be a plot by the BATFEieio to get gun owners away from their guns in order to stage confiscatory raids. It could be a plot by somebody's wife and her boyfriend to get hubby away for the weekend. It might even be the brainstorm of the National Association of Folks Who Work in the Hotel/Motel Industry to drum up business during a slack period.

Normally an event of this magnitude takes at least a year of planning. Demonstrations of significantly smaller size were set up and carried out in as little as a week (don't ask me how I know; the statute of limitations has not expired). But there is no such thing as a "spontaneous" demonstration. Someone is behind it. Someone's money is behind it. If the folks attending one of those demonstrations I mentioned knew whose money was behind it they would be quite upset. Without going into detail, "the opposition" bought and paid for a demonstration so they could manipulate it.

Who are the people behind that web page? Who are the people behind the demonstration, and are they the same folks as behind the web page?

stay safe.

PS - Yes, I have asked them. We'll see if I get a response and what it would be.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

The dude that owns the web page lives in Cicero, NY.

Kind of shady that there is nothing on the page warning about DC's restrictive gun laws for out of town visitors (and residents for that matter).

Empty holster = OK, everything else leave at home.

Poor planning. This is currently scheduled for the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.... the same weekend that about 3-400,000 motorcyclists will be in DC for Rolling Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Poor planning. This is currently scheduled for the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.... the same weekend that about 3-400,000 motorcyclists will be in DC for Rolling Thunder.
    So you are saying they have no idea what they are doing? Couldn't agree more.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pyite View Post
    The dude that owns the web page lives in Cicero, NY.
    There you go.....a Yankee spy!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

?????

There are certain questions/concerns about this that are not answered by that link.

Who is funding this? What planning has gone into this event? There is not even a caution about carrying in D.C.

Do the sponsors know that Rolling Thunder is scheduled for the same weekend and as a consequence there will likely be no accommodations available?
    http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents...ingThunder.htm

Some concerns articulated here:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Washington-DC
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There are certain questions/concerns about this that are not answered by that link.

Who is funding this? What planning has gone into this event? There is not even a caution about carrying in D.C.

Do the sponsors know that Rolling Thunder is scheduled for the same weekend and as a consequence there will likely be no accommodations available?
    http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents...ingThunder.htm

Some concerns articulated here:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Washington-DC
    I am sure they are aware Rolling Thunder will be there, most bikers are gun owners and this would increase the numbers, and that is what they are looking for to swarm DC. I would hope most people are responsible to learn the laws of DC before they go. I see no reason why it could not be a empty holster demonstration though.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    A fancy web page with no information about who the people are behind this event.

I don't care what the cause is, I want to know who is the driving force behind it. Even if this is a true "grass roots" thing that sort of grew up around folks sitting around (literally and on the internet) talking about wanting to "do something" there has to be a core bunch that, among other things, "secures the venue". So, who are they?

"But skidmark," you ask, "Why does it make any difference who it is so long as the reason for the march is clean and pure?"

Well, let me answer my own question: it matters because until we know who is behind this we will not know if the reason is clean and pure. For all I know the Brady Bunch and Mayor Bloomberg's Illegal Mayors Against Guns could be setting this up to be able to use facial recognition to ID gun owners or other "radicals". It could be a plot by the BATFEieio to get gun owners away from their guns in order to stage confiscatory raids. It could be a plot by somebody's wife and her boyfriend to get hubby away for the weekend. It might even be the brainstorm of the National Association of Folks Who Work in the Hotel/Motel Industry to drum up business during a slack period.

Normally an event of this magnitude takes at least a year of planning. Demonstrations of significantly smaller size were set up and carried out in as little as a week (don't ask me how I know; the statute of limitations has not expired). But there is no such thing as a "spontaneous" demonstration. Someone is behind it. Someone's money is behind it. If the folks attending one of those demonstrations I mentioned knew whose money was behind it they would be quite upset. Without going into detail, "the opposition" bought and paid for a demonstration so they could manipulate it.

Who are the people behind that web page? Who are the people behind the demonstration, and are they the same folks as behind the web page?

stay safe.

PS - Yes, I have asked them. We'll see if I get a response and what it would be.
    Could not have said it better myself. Right on Skid!

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    So, I guess you are figuring that these unidentified people may have nefarious purposes for setting this up, either to make it so poorly organized that it fails, so the left can point it out as an example of gun "hick's" ineptitude and ignorance, or so that it turns into an "arrest fest" to illustrate how we're not law-abiding folks as we claim to be, or something worse. I can see that possibility. I wonder how organized the American Revolution was, though . . . . . .
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfrederick View Post
    Could not have said it better myself. Right on Skid!
    This comes up once in a while JS.

The million gun owner demonstrations that I've seen, that were planned like this especially by Outtastaters, are flops.

There was one in particular that was set up by a really mouthy fellow from Georgia, where there was to be a mass of rifle toting people on the Va/DC line.....got a few people but hardly instilled the fear in the Government, he said it would.

Well planned demonstrations are good. Poorly planned ones make us look like a small group of silly radicals. Demonstrations that are designed to make us look bad often do exactly that.
    Last edited by peter nap; 02-16-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Kind of dumb

Why not a 10,000 gun owner march at all of the state capitols demanding nullification of federal gun laws? Kicking ATF out of the states? Colorado just fell to the civilian disarmament advocates. The state are where the fight is, IMO.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Ten Million Gun Owners marching on DC to rally on the Mall?

Why? We already have the place surrounded.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    Ten Million Gun Owners marching on DC to rally on the Mall?

Why? We already have the place surrounded.
    The southern border perhaps. Northern side is full of gaps and holes as much as swiss cheese is.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by stickslinger View Post
    The southern border perhaps. Northern side is full of gaps and holes as much as swiss cheese is.
    If you mean MD, I think we've got that surrounded by PA and DE (at least until 12/7/2013 (Handgunlaws.us)).
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    So, I guess you are figuring that these unidentified people may have nefarious purposes for setting this up, either to make it so poorly organized that it fails, so the left can point it out as an example of gun "hick's" ineptitude and ignorance, or so that it turns into an "arrest fest" to illustrate how we're not law-abiding folks as we claim to be, or something worse. I can see that possibility. I wonder how organized the American Revolution was, though . . . . . .
    1 - Several demonstations that I have attended (some on one side of the rifle barrel, some on the other) were in fact set up/organized/co-opted by those with nefarious and/or political (they are not the same) ends in mind. I just want to know whose drum I am being asked to march to.

2 - as Peter Nap has pointed out, an over-advirtised event that under-delivers does more than just embarass the organizers. On top of everything else, it has significant negative impact on those who did come out to participate - feelings ranging from "I/we are all alone in this - our so-called friends deserted us in our hour of need" to "F this - if nobody else cares then I'm just not going to either".

3 - You migt be surprised to know just how organized the American Revolution was - from the beginnings before Lexington/Concord all they way to the actual surrender ceremony at Yorktown.

The event Peter Nap refers to is a fine example of how folks get played and how they respond when they find out they have been played.

The Million Mom March (although it never got close to that many participants) was planned for a little over 24 months in advance. It takes time to set up buses, to arrange for blocks of hotel/motel rooms, to get the necessary permits for The Mall, and to attend to the logistics of such an event. To my knowledge the May Day 1970 demonstration and levitation of the Pentagon was put together over a period of 8 months - they moved faster because they did not need to coordinate transportation, housing, permits and the like.

The various Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial and Urban Renewal love-fests did not just spring up overnight, although there was little to indicate that the specific spark was planned/coordinated ahead of time. The groundwork for getting people riled up enough to take to the streets took years.

The Rodney King resource redistribution and cookout was being set up well ahead of the rendereing of the verdict.

The expressions of displeasure at the treatment of women bus passengers in Mumbai was not as spontaneous as most imagine. Again, there was planning and organization that needed to await an appropriate spark.

So - yes, I do want to know who is behind this. But quite honestly, I want to know as an intellectual exercise, for I honestly believe my chances of winning the Lottery are better than this happening as advertised.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    This comes up once in a while JS.

The million gun owner demonstrations that I've seen, that were planned like this especially by Outtastaters, are flops.

There was one in particular that was set up by a really mouthy fellow from Georgia, where there was to be a mass of rifle toting people on the Va/DC line.....got a few people but hardly instilled the fear in the Government, he said it would.

Well planned demonstrations are good. Poorly planned ones make us look like a small group of silly radicals. Demonstrations that are designed to make us look bad often do exactly that.
    Concur! Don't mind a well planned demonstration on anything. As someone said, a demonstration of this size takes a LONG time to plan, not a few months

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Please tell me this is sarcasm?

You CANNOT carry a firearm in Washington D.C., nor can you even have one unless you go through the 2A infringing registration and training process.

A bunch of people will show up to waste their time. When will people realise that the current administration and Congress do NOT care about what we think or want?
    You can do whatever you want. I think you meant that you cannot LEGALLY carry a firearm in DC unless you are a cop, federal agent, etc.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)