• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10 Million Gun Owner March – Washington, DC – 25 May 2013

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So, I guess you are figuring that these unidentified people may have nefarious purposes for setting this up, either to make it so poorly organized that it fails, so the left can point it out as an example of gun "hick's" ineptitude and ignorance, or so that it turns into an "arrest fest" to illustrate how we're not law-abiding folks as we claim to be, or something worse. I can see that possibility. I wonder how organized the American Revolution was, though . . . . . .

1 - Several demonstations that I have attended (some on one side of the rifle barrel, some on the other) were in fact set up/organized/co-opted by those with nefarious and/or political (they are not the same) ends in mind. I just want to know whose drum I am being asked to march to.

2 - as Peter Nap has pointed out, an over-advirtised event that under-delivers does more than just embarass the organizers. On top of everything else, it has significant negative impact on those who did come out to participate - feelings ranging from "I/we are all alone in this - our so-called friends deserted us in our hour of need" to "F this - if nobody else cares then I'm just not going to either".

3 - You migt be surprised to know just how organized the American Revolution was - from the beginnings before Lexington/Concord all they way to the actual surrender ceremony at Yorktown.

The event Peter Nap refers to is a fine example of how folks get played and how they respond when they find out they have been played.

The Million Mom March (although it never got close to that many participants) was planned for a little over 24 months in advance. It takes time to set up buses, to arrange for blocks of hotel/motel rooms, to get the necessary permits for The Mall, and to attend to the logistics of such an event. To my knowledge the May Day 1970 demonstration and levitation of the Pentagon was put together over a period of 8 months - they moved faster because they did not need to coordinate transportation, housing, permits and the like.

The various Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial and Urban Renewal love-fests did not just spring up overnight, although there was little to indicate that the specific spark was planned/coordinated ahead of time. The groundwork for getting people riled up enough to take to the streets took years.

The Rodney King resource redistribution and cookout was being set up well ahead of the rendereing of the verdict.

The expressions of displeasure at the treatment of women bus passengers in Mumbai was not as spontaneous as most imagine. Again, there was planning and organization that needed to await an appropriate spark.

So - yes, I do want to know who is behind this. But quite honestly, I want to know as an intellectual exercise, for I honestly believe my chances of winning the Lottery are better than this happening as advertised.

stay safe.

jsfrederick

This comes up once in a while JS.

The million gun owner demonstrations that I've seen, that were planned like this especially by Outtastaters, are flops.

There was one in particular that was set up by a really mouthy fellow from Georgia, where there was to be a mass of rifle toting people on the Va/DC line.....got a few people but hardly instilled the fear in the Government, he said it would.

Well planned demonstrations are good. Poorly planned ones make us look like a small group of silly radicals. Demonstrations that are designed to make us look bad often do exactly that.

Concur! Don't mind a well planned demonstration on anything. As someone said, a demonstration of this size takes a LONG time to plan, not a few months

protias

Please tell me this is sarcasm?

You CANNOT carry a firearm in Washington D.C., nor can you even have one unless you go through the 2A infringing registration and training process.

A bunch of people will show up to waste their time. When will people realise that the current administration and Congress do NOT care about what we think or want?

You can do whatever you want. I think you meant that you cannot LEGALLY carry a firearm in DC unless you are a cop, federal agent, etc.