Thread: Bellingham sign at construction site....

Bellingham sign at construction site....

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/U...190117981.html

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- A no-trespassing sign posted across the street from a local middle school is raising eyebrows in Bellingham, but police say it is completely legal.

The sign, which was posted on private property across from Fairhaven Middle School, warns "semi-literate thieves" that four different types of guns are on site four days a week.

Some parents and residents in the area say having a sign that hints at gun violence so close to young children sends the wrong message.

"It just seems angry," said Eric Worden, who lives nearby.

Despite those complaints, police say the sign is completely legal. Officers also say they were called the the property back in December after $400 worth of scrap metal and materials was stolen from the site.

"It's a no trespassing sign. It's posted on private property. There are no threats being made on the sign," said Mark Young of the Bellingham Police Department.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    "It just seems angry," said Eric Worden, who lives nearby.

"It's a no trespassing sign. It's posted on private property. There are no threats being made on the sign," said Mark Young of the Bellingham Police Department.
    Then move back to portlandia, eric
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Centurion
    I know that reading/comprehension standards have SLIPPED? just a bit since I learned this art but under current slack standards wouldn't it be a MOSTLY literate thief who read and understood this sign on the first reading?

And does he have another sign in an alternative language?
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 02-06-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

I thought it might be one of SVG's sites.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

language lesson

Stop = English

halt = German

Teishi = Japanese

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stop 005.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	9984 =universal
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I thought it might be one of SVG's sites.
    I might stop by and see who it is.

Most construction guys I know have something handy, many of them don't have CPL's.....this is why I say it is misleading for people to think CPL numbers are an accurate portrayal of gun carriers.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Sweet Baboo and I plan on going to get our pics with the sign. My Son in New York want to frame it and put it on his wall. Washington, Land of Freedom. If you don't think so, spend a few days in New York.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Sweet Baboo and I plan on going to get our pics with the sign. My Son in New York want to frame it and put it on his wall. Washington, Land of Freedom. If you don't think so, spend a few days in New York.
    Just make sure you don't trespass
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

I'm sure the children are outside every day. Walking over to the construction site, and reading the sign. They probably now really believe the peasantry has the right to bear arms, we can't have that happening.

So take it down "for the children"
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Maybe he's tired of having his materials ripped off by the meth-head for scarap and actually IS angry ?
    - If we controlled theives and criminals better, then the construction workers could FEEL safer and be Comfortable about his surroundings and would put that sighn there. Maybe he is being singled out for being different (gun owner).
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I might stop by and see who it is.

Most construction guys I know have something handy, many of them don't have CPL's.....this is why I say it is misleading for people to think CPL numbers are an accurate portrayal of gun carriers.
    I hope you do stop by and see who it is...
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    Maybe he's tired of having his materials ripped off by the meth-head for scarap and actually IS angry ?
    - If we controlled theives and criminals better, then the construction workers could FEEL safer and be Comfortable about his surroundings and would put that sighn there. Maybe he is being singled out for being different (gun owner).
    The school should use this sign as a "teaching opportunity". Let the kids know early on that people don't having crimes committed against them and there could be consequences.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    The school should use this sign as a "teaching opportunity". Let the kids know early on that people don't having crimes committed against them and there could be consequences.
    +15

That is a great idea.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Tried to break away today to head over there but wasn't in the cards. If I leave early enough I'll look tomorrow although no one may be working Sats.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)