• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bellingham sign at construction site....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...raising-eyebrows-in-Bellingham-190117981.html

130206_signbig.jpg

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- A no-trespassing sign posted across the street from a local middle school is raising eyebrows in Bellingham, but police say it is completely legal.

The sign, which was posted on private property across from Fairhaven Middle School, warns "semi-literate thieves" that four different types of guns are on site four days a week.

Some parents and residents in the area say having a sign that hints at gun violence so close to young children sends the wrong message.

"It just seems angry," said Eric Worden, who lives nearby.

Despite those complaints, police say the sign is completely legal. Officers also say they were called the the property back in December after $400 worth of scrap metal and materials was stolen from the site.

"It's a no trespassing sign. It's posted on private property. There are no threats being made on the sign," said Mark Young of the Bellingham Police Department.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I know that reading/comprehension standards have SLIPPED? just a bit since I learned this art but under current slack standards wouldn't it be a MOSTLY literate thief who read and understood this sign on the first reading?

And does he have another sign in an alternative language?

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Sweet Baboo and I plan on going to get our pics with the sign. My Son in New York want to frame it and put it on his wall. Washington, Land of Freedom. If you don't think so, spend a few days in New York.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Sweet Baboo and I plan on going to get our pics with the sign. My Son in New York want to frame it and put it on his wall. Washington, Land of Freedom. If you don't think so, spend a few days in New York.

Just make sure you don't trespass :p

EMNofSeattle

I'm sure the children are outside every day. Walking over to the construction site, and reading the sign. They probably now really believe the peasantry has the right to bear arms, we can't have that happening.

So take it down "for the children"

Batousaii

Maybe he's tired of having his materials ripped off by the meth-head for scarap and actually IS angry ?
- If we controlled theives and criminals better, then the construction workers could FEEL safer and be Comfortable about his surroundings and would put that sighn there. Maybe he is being singled out for being different (gun owner).

amlevin

Maybe he's tired of having his materials ripped off by the meth-head for scarap and actually IS angry ?
- If we controlled theives and criminals better, then the construction workers could FEEL safer and be Comfortable about his surroundings and would put that sighn there. Maybe he is being singled out for being different (gun owner).

The school should use this sign as a "teaching opportunity". Let the kids know early on that people don't having crimes committed against them and there could be consequences.