• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Panetta: No time to respond in Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmcbeth

Banned
let's see we tried to rescue the hostages in Iran and lost eight service member's lives and that was a well (?) planned activity.

numerous times we have attempted to accomplish covert military actions and some have succeeded ~ which are well publicized and i am sure a great many have failed with loss of life which have not been shared with the public and shall be buried in the great filing cabinet under secret.

and let's not discuss the bin laden's capture where we lost a copter and only by the grace it succeeded.

realistically, a rescue was unattainable in the emergency environment the embassy found itself.

ipse

Well, whose fault was this that rescue was unattainable? Its someone's fault, that's for sure. And usually its the people making up stories and fiction that are usually to blame. Who could ?that? be? lalala

beebobby

Ah, opinion pieces rather than facts (from liberal sites to boot). Got it.

Link 1:from Declassified Transcripts Of Benghazi Briefings (research, not opinion)
Link 2: includes quotes from committee members (example: "GOP Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon, the Republican chair of the House Armed Services Committee, says he’s satisfied with how the US military – and ergo the Obama administration – responded to the deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya that killed four Americans, including the US ambassador to Libya."
Link 3: all statements taken from the CIA timeline of events (take it as you will, it's part of the record.)
Link 4: researched from the Accountability Review Board report on Benghazi Attack which is provided in the link.
Link 5:Uses direct, un-breitbarted quotes from the Senate Select Committee On Intelligence. (example: "The Committee has reviewed the allegations that U.S. personnel, including in the IC or DoD, prevented the mounting of any military relief effort during the attacks, but the Committee has not found any of these allegations to be substantiated. [Review Of The Terrorist Attacks On U.S. Facilities In Benghazi, Libya, September 11-12, 2012, U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, 1/15/14]."
Link 6: Uses direct quotes from the report issued by the House Armed Services Committee Republicans. (example: "“Given the military’s preparations on September 11, 2012, majority members have not yet discerned any response alternatives that could have likely changed the outcome of the Benghazi attack,” the report concludes."
Link 7: Another listing of the CIA time line.
Link 8: Uses testimony from Gregory Hicks who was deputy chief of mission in Libya the night of the attacks to debunk "stand down" myth.

scott58dh

Link 1:from Declassified Transcripts Of Benghazi Briefings (research, not opinion)
Link 2: includes quotes from committee members (example: "GOP Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon, the Republican chair of the House Armed Services Committee, says he’s satisfied with how the US military – and ergo the Obama administration – responded to the deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya that killed four Americans, including the US ambassador to Libya."
Link 3: all statements taken from the CIA timeline of events (take it as you will, it's part of the record.)
Link 4: researched from the Accountability Review Board report on Benghazi Attack which is provided in the link.
Link 5:Uses direct, un-breitbarted quotes from the Senate Select Committee On Intelligence. (example: "The Committee has reviewed the allegations that U.S. personnel, including in the IC or DoD, prevented the mounting of any military relief effort during the attacks, but the Committee has not found any of these allegations to be substantiated. [Review Of The Terrorist Attacks On U.S. Facilities In Benghazi, Libya, September 11-12, 2012, U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, 1/15/14]."
Link 6: Uses direct quotes from the report issued by the House Armed Services Committee Republicans. (example: "“Given the military’s preparations on September 11, 2012, majority members have not yet discerned any response alternatives that could have likely changed the outcome of the Benghazi attack,” the report concludes."
Link 7: Another listing of the CIA time line.
Link 8: Uses testimony from Gregory Hicks who was deputy chief of mission in Libya the night of the attacks to debunk "stand down" myth.

All I see here is a list of Lies and Cover-ups for Her sorry excuse of being The Secretary of State, which she was never qualified to serve in the first place.

"Hillary struggles to list accomplishments during tenure as Secretary of State." April 4, 2014

"On April 3, 2014, Hillary Clinton spoke at the Women of the World Summit in New York City and was asked what she was most proud of during her tenure as Secretary of State. Clinton could not provide any concrete examples of the accomplishments she holds in high regard."

link:> http://capitolcityproject.com/hillary-struggles-list-accomplishments-secretary-state-tenure/

Saxxon

I smell a troll. Like that Sesame Street thing, one thing isn't like the others. Anybody get the impression that Beebobby doesn't open carry, let alone likely even own a gun nor even see one on a movie screen without ******* their pants?

Lest we forget, there were a couple military careers ended because the commanders made statements how they were trying to send in assets and were denied permission and even threatened if they did so.

That isn't "not enough time" thats hanging someone out to dry.

They could have had at the very least aircraft in the sky over target within hours (nearest airbase, Italy perhaps - an hour & change at supersonic speeds). You can bet a couple Hellfire missiles dropped to home in on the sound of "Alahu Akbar" would have broken that attack up in a hurry. Barring that capability, just aim for the gunfire outside the compound.

No, it wasn't that help wasn't available, or that people weren't willing to go. It was that our inept leaders weren't willing to send them, as it seems very likely from the events that there was a deal afoot to stage an attack, capture an ambassador that Obama could then be the hero and obtain his release (in part for his lending of our Air Force to Al Queda to overthrow Qhadaffi). The October Surprise.

solus

I smell a troll. Like that Sesame Street thing, one thing isn't like the others. Anybody get the impression that Beebobby doesn't open carry, let alone likely even own a gun nor even see one on a movie screen without ******* their pants?
Lest we forget, there were a couple military careers ended because the commanders made statements how they were trying to send in assets and were denied permission and even threatened if they did so.
That isn't "not enough time" thats hanging someone out to dry.
They could have had at the very least aircraft in the sky over target within hours (nearest airbase, Italy perhaps - an hour & change at supersonic speeds). You can bet a couple Hellfire missiles dropped to home in on the sound of "Alahu Akbar" would have broken that attack up in a hurry. Barring that capability, just aim for the gunfire outside the compound.
No, it wasn't that help wasn't available, or that people weren't willing to go. It was that our inept leaders weren't willing to send them, as it seems very likely from the events that there was a deal afoot to stage an attack, capture an ambassador that Obama could then be the hero and obtain his release (in part for his lending of our Air Force to Al Queda to overthrow Qhadaffi). The October Surprise.

i find it interesting you believe how it is easy and can be accomplished quite quickly to launch from anywhere after finding out about the incident, let alone getting permission for them to fly over sovereign countries airspace ~ not to mention waking up the numerous foreign nationals in those sovereign countries who can grant that permission..

nice touch having the audacity to throw in a stereotypical mis-spelled Islamic saying, used out of context ~ except to you in the reality of your mind.

isn't it great we live someplace where you can second guess ppls actions w/impunity!

ipse

solus

snip..."On April 3, 2014, Hillary Clinton spoke at the Women of the World Summit in New York City and was asked what she was most proud of during her tenure as Secretary of State. Clinton could not provide any concrete examples of the accomplishments she holds in high regard."
snip

so, shall we put you in the spot light in front of the Creator and all mankind, as a potential candidate for the highest office in the land, and ask you the following cold question Scott, what is your greatest accomplishment which you hold in high regard?

I'm sorry Scott, your concrete response, with example(s), is going to be? Sorry we are out of time!

shall we let those historian(s) who are better qualified and know the true consequences of her actions judge her accomplishments

personally, modesty prevents me from mentioning ALL i hold in regard since it changes ~ some days it is just enjoying planting my feet on the floor after a night's sleep!

Trust me, i will actually worry about these types of question(s) when i meet whomever meets me at my demise and asks, otherwise, i won't be concerned over the subject.

FYI Scott, another great accomplishment noted, which i shall hold in high regard!!

ipse

Last edited:

scott58dh

so, shall we put you in the spot light in front of the Creator and all mankind, as a potential candidate for the highest office in the land, and ask you the following cold question Scott, what is your greatest accomplishment which you hold in high regard?

I'm sorry Scott, your concrete response, with example(s), is going to be? Sorry we are out of time!

shall we let those historian(s) who are better qualified and know the true consequences of her actions judge her accomplishments

personally, modesty prevents me from mentioning ALL i hold in regard since it changes ~ some days it is just enjoying planting my feet on the floor after a night's sleep!

Trust me, i will actually worry about these types of question(s) when i meet whomever meets me at my demise and asks, otherwise, i won't be concerned over the subject.

FYI Scott, another great accomplishment noted, which i shall hold in high regard!!

ipse

Points noted and respectfully considered solus.

MSM often likes to set up the interviewee for a no win situation.

However, when someone in her position makes herself appear to be better than you or I, then she gets what she deserves.

Case in point,

"Hillary Clinton: 'Fully Licensed, Fully Validated' Gun Owners Can't Be Trusted."
link:> http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-Fully-Validated-Gun-Owners-Cannot-Be-Trusted

This from a person who seeks a Higher Office where she will be guarded by ***Armed*** personnel, but I suppose she will require Secret Service to use Tazers, Knives, Clubs, Machettes,,, etc. anything but the evil *Heater* ?

p.s., My greatest accomplishment to this date are my children & grandchildren and everything that goes along with Life,Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness. :D

solus

Points noted and respectfully considered solus.
MSM often likes to set up the interviewee for a no win situation.
However, when someone in her position makes herself appear to be better than you or I, then she gets what she deserves.
Case in point,

"Hillary Clinton: 'Fully Licensed, Fully Validated' Gun Owners Can't Be Trusted."
link:> http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-Fully-Validated-Gun-Owners-Cannot-Be-Trusted

This from a person who seeks a Higher Office where she will be guarded by ***Armed*** personnel, but I suppose she will require Secret Service to use Tazers, Knives, Clubs, Machettes,,, etc. anything but the evil *Heater* ?
p.s., My greatest accomplishment to this date are my children & grandchildren and everything that goes along with Life,Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness. :D

and yet you believe the trite BS put out by this site without question? did you go read the cited article? http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/hillary-clinton-gun-control-obamacare-106392.html

it appears the breitbat apparently took literary license and took her comments out of context, especially after the 71 yo FL gun owner who shot and killed another movie viewer for texting? or consider the USA Today's article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/22/fugitives-gun-background-checks/7959529/

congratulations on your children ~ however, surely your partner contributed just a small amount of your effort to 'your accomplishment' didn't they? further, your grandchildren are your accomplishment per se?
I shall presume, unconditional love is provided to your children but even if they are doing illicit activities? interestingly, you are not on the world's stage fielding a question toting your accomplishments and yet they are not your's alone to claim credit for, now imagine how to humbly discern your accomplishment(s) when you are a public figure in the world opinion.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm done being baited by the troll.
There are surely some on this forum that are not who or what they would prefer us to believe.

Some are trolls, some are provocateurs, and some are antis trying to play in our sand box - most are soon recognized.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I thought this was about Benghazi?

*yawn*

BTW, I meant that literally. I'm still waiting on "affordable health insurance". I really don't give a crap about some map or what dailykos has to say.

Presently, I'm subject to a government mandate which I quite literally cannot afford (yes, I've tried).

So you can spare me the talking points. I'm deaf ears, buddy.

Last edited:

beebobby

*yawn*

BTW, I meant that literally. I'm still waiting on "affordable health insurance". I really don't give a crap about some map or what dailykos has to say.

Presently, I'm subject to a government mandate which I quite literally cannot afford (yes, I've tried).

So you can spare me the talking points. I'm deaf ears, buddy.

You are subject to a healthcare minimum coverage mandate by the govt. Complain to the actual health ins. providers if you can't get a policy. I bet the GOTP would love to get a real story of someone who was better off with the old system. You should contact Fox There will never be a law that everyone likes, it has to serve the greatest number of people.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
You are subject to a healthcare minimum coverage mandate by the govt. Complain to the actual health ins. providers if you can't get a policy. I bet the GOTP would love to get a real story of someone who was better off with the old system. You should contact Fox There will never be a law that everyone likes, it has to serve the greatest number of people.

Apparently you think I'm a Republican. The world must be very boring in black-and-white.

My major criticism about the ACA from day one was that it was supported by the major health insurance companies, which meant they planned to construe it to benefit them, which meant that it could only make the situation worse. It was clearly, from day one, another government subsidy for the group with the biggest lobby.

And so here we are, and the result meets my predictions (a fact you cannot deny, based on your stated recognition of the "actual health ins. providers"' role).

So, why the hell should I complain to them? They're doing exactly what the government you cherish so much intended for them to do.

No, I'm going to complain to you, who is so mind-numbingly obtuse that you are, somehow, surprised by all this, and who elected idiots which enacted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.