Thread: Why am I seeing anti-gun ads on OCDO?

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

Why am I seeing anti-gun ads on OCDO?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

1) Is it on OCDO or on your computer (based on cookies)?

2) Why are you asking here instead of PMing John Pierce who would be most interested in researching this?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member
    I don't mind if the anti-gunners advertise here. I luuuuuv the idea they help fund our forum.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Many of the ads outside of the top banners (which are forum sponsors ... give them some love!) are delivered by Google and are based upon both the content of the page and the cookies on your machine.

Many of us tend to read the rantings of the other side so we can respond to their illogical info and therefore, our cookies might convince Google to display the occasional anti-gun ad.

Since no one here is going to fall for their line and because they have to PAY for each impression, as Citizen said, it is rather ironic that the other side is supporting the forum.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Pierce View Post
    Many of the ads outside of the top banners (which are forum sponsors ... give them some love!) are delivered by Google and are based upon both the content of the page and the cookies on your machine.

Many of us tend to read the rantings of the other side so we can respond to their illogical info and therefore, our cookies might convince Google to display the occasional anti-gun ad.

Since no one here is going to fall for their line and because they have to PAY for each impression, as Citizen said, it is rather ironic that the other side is supporting the forum.

John

I love it when a plan comes together!!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Pierce View Post

John
    Now that I know, I find it funny.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

What ad?

Step 1: Download and install Firefox
    Step 2: Upper left hand corner click "Tools".
    Step 3: Scroll down and click "Add-ons"
    Step 4: In the Add-ons search bar enter "Adblock Plus"
    Step 5: Install "Adblock Plus" and surf with no ads flashing in your face!

P.S. - I also recommend "BetterPrivacy". Blocks Flash Cookies.