• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is going on in Colorado

conandan

That seems to be the mind set of to many people now days. They have to blame something other than them selves or the real problem. I remember reading an article a few months ago. An off duty officer left his glock in his car and his little boy shot him in the butt. Then he filed a law suite against glock because the trigger pull was to light. It is ridiculous.

sharkey

[h=1]15 USC § 7902 - Prohibition on bringing of qualified civil liability actions in Federal or State court[/h]

Aknazer

Found this story over at Foxnews.com http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...sellers-manufacturers-held-liable-for-crimes/ This is as stupid as the woman who sued mcdonalds because her coffee was hot! Lets blame everyone except the one at fault.... this stuff makes me want to ram my head though a 24" concert wall!

To be fair to the McDonalds incident, the coffee shouldn't be so hot as to cause third degree burns over 6% of one's body. One should expect it to be hot, but that level of hot is excessive (I mean that is likely to cause severe burns if one was to attempt to drink it, much less spill it) and I can see why a court would side with the plaintiff.

But yes, typically it is retarded how people win money simply because there wasn't a "warning" (aka retard) label on stuff.

motoxmann

so for this to be capable of passing, we should also hold all the manufacturers of bats, hammers, knives, needles, cars, bridges, rocks, 2x4's, and every other object in the world capable of causing harm, liable for murders and injuries.

PFC HALE

so for this to be capable of passing, we should also hold all the manufacturers of bats, hammers, knives, needles, cars, bridges, rocks, 2x4's, and every other object in the world capable of causing harm, liable for murders and injuries.

dont forget to hold swine liable for bacon making us all fat.

bureaucrats get so deep into thought about how to handle something that they fail to see the simplicity in anything. they have a tenacity to over examine, over think, and micromanage something to the N'th degree that they lose track and sight of the root cause at hand leading to stupidity never before seen by man.

Saxxon

Quite simply, we have Democrats in control of the legislature House & Senate. Expect a whole lot of stupid to come out of the Capitol for the next two years.

There was a bill proposed in the Senate (by Republicans) to allow teachers with a CCW and who got additional training to carry on school grounds. This would allow them to faster oppose and mitigate the damage done by a potential shooter.

One of the chairs of the committee that killed the bill showed his ignorance by saying the following:

state Sen. Jesse Ulibarri, D-Commerce City, asked whether armed teachers might just end up shooting their students, who would be in a crossfire.

"I want to make sure that I'm not allowing something worse to happen," Ulibarri said.
- Denver Post 1/28/13

Seriously? How stupid does he think we are, or is he? If a gunman comes into a classroom to kill the students, is it better to have him kill everyone there, or shoot back and maybe save some of the lives in jeopardy? He can't figure that out apparently. Two adults exchanging fire are going to be shooting over the heads of most kids due to size difference, and that they will mostly huddle to the floor - older teenagers mostly have the intelligance to duck. If a kid gets caught in crossfire, sure thats not good, but its a lot better than the entire class slaughtered. Aside from the obvious that eeryone else will be fleeing the line of fire between gunman and armed teachers. Must be an intelligence test to fail to be a Democrat.

Last edited:

F350

Quite simply, we have Democrats in control of the legislature House & Senate. Expect a whole lot of stupid to come out of the Capitol for the next two years.

Too many Kommie-fornicators from the west fleeing the cesspool they created; and the first thing they want to do is inflict those same laws on us freedom loving Americans.

GvdM

Just found out there is a town hall meeting today (feb 9) at 13:30 @ the library on 20 N Cascade, Colo Spgs.

State rep Lee will be there who is sponsoring the gc bill. This info came to me from state senator Cadman

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk