Thread: Thank You Ruger........

Thank You Ruger........

Well I got a cool package in a few days ago from Ruger for my wife’s gun. My wife's Ruger LC9 that I bought for her a little while back was having some major issues that needed fixed before I would allow her to carry it. I bought the gun from a private seller; he had stated it was in great shape besides some holster wear. Well truth be told it had a damaged firing pin that would only strike ever other round at best. Simply the gun was not taken care of. The original owner had tried to do his own gunsmithing and he had damaged the rolling pin. To fix the firing pin issue you have to remove the roll pin. Therefore, I was going to have to order a rolling pin, new firing pin and firing pin spring.

I normally look real close at the guns that I buy used and new. I just did not look as close as I should have with this pistol. When I got home after picking it up from the seller it has a lot of rust coming from the firing block and I gave it a really good cleaning. I called ruger and I told the customer service rep about my problem and she asked for my serial number. She had said I was in luck and the parts were still in stock. She said the complete turnaround would be two weeks if I sent it in or she could send the replacement parts out to me. Ruger was not sending me a new firing pin or a spring, but an entire new slide for 100% free of charge, I was not even charged for shipping. I was told it would be in the mail within 5 days, I was not sure if that was going to happen since of all the panic buying and back orders. It arrived in three days. This has been the best customer service I have had an even better during all the panic buying were you can’t find any parts.

Last edited by zack991; 02-08-2013 at 05:24 AM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

I been hearing good things about Rugers customer service of lately.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I been hearing good things about Rugers customer service of lately.
    I accidentally cut the prepaid return envelope when opening it, but I have no issue spending 15 bucks mailing it back for a brand new slide.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Re: Thank You Ruger........

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I accidentally cut the prepaid return envelope when opening it, but I have no issue spending 15 bucks mailing it back for a brand new slide.
    You can probably get away with using a sturdy clear packing tape if you have some. No since in jinxing a totally free experience. They happen so seldomly

Good to hear Ruger is doing right by people. I may just pick one up (45 acp) when the panic buyers settle down.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 02-09-2013 at 08:35 AM. Reason: buy vs by - Dooh!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi