• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More Anti-Gun Legislation

MrOverlay

Not trying to be argumentative but stand up how specifically?

What steps have to be taken?

If you are speaking of a 10th amendment approach, I don't feel confident. We have already seen a judge say it was OK to violate Charlie's rights because it was only for a short period of time. While I would be very happy for an expansion of states rights, and telling the feds they are not welcome, I don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Not trying to be argumentative but stand up how specifically?

What steps have to be taken?

If you are speaking of a 10th amendment approach, I don't feel confident. We have already seen a judge say it was OK to violate Charlie's rights because it was only for a short period of time. While I would be very happy for an expansion of states rights, and telling the feds they are not welcome, I don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

They need to assert their power OVER the Federal Government. The States have the power, the People have the rights. The Federal Government was established to oversee a very limited number of activities, and they have failed to do that. The Federal Government has failed to keep within the scope of the US Constitution, and it is past time for the States to assert their powers over the Federal Government. The Federal Government is in violation of numerous states' constitutions and states' laws.

Kentucky needs to remove all Federal agents from the state and inform the Federal Government that they are no longer welcome inside our State's sovereign borders. I honestly don't see what else could be done? Anything else we attempt to do would just continue the current depletion of our rights. It is like when we sent the "Olive Branch Petition" to the King in 1775. It was past the time for friendly grievances then, and it is past that time now. We had already made aware our "Decleration of Taking up Arms" prior to the Olive Branch Petition, and in a way we are doing the same thing now. This is the only option that I can honestly see causing change. If it led to actions on behalf of the Federal Government that are not wanted then that is something we would have to deal with when the time came.

Anyone else see any other course of action that would rid us of the Federal Government's unconstitutional infringements?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
It sure enough has been. Can anyone shed some light as to why? I would assume because of the phone call(s) to the sponsors pointing out that this bill was good but had several flaws they needed to be addressed. Just my guess.

I'd be willing to bet Gutshot will be able to shed some light on the subject, but I would assume it has to do with how they had this bill arranged and worded. I am ALL for what this bill is ATTEMPTING to accomplish, but I could not support it with the several different clauses it had that I deem a further infringement on our rights.

They need to introduce legislation that says quite simply that we will NOT allow Federal legislation to be enforced in this Commonwealth that pertains to firearms. Why ban the possession of certain firearms at the state level if they are not registered? This is Kentucky, where we stand united. We do not need restrictions on what firearms we can have in our free state. We should be the first state that voids ALL Federal legislation, including the NFA and other unconstitutional legislation that pertains to firearms.

We definately do not need another law that prohibits another class of individuals from possessing firearms.

Hopefully Gutshot can enlighten us on the exact reason behind the current withdrawal of this legislation.

Last edited:

Tmhrr

I'd be willing to bet Gutshot will be able to shed some light on the subject, but I would assume it has to do with how they had this bill arranged and worded. I am ALL for what this bill is ATTEMPTING to accomplish, but I could not support it with the several different clauses it had that I deem a further infringement on our rights.

Gutshot said in his last post that he would hear back from Paul Hornback today, he also said that Paul Hornback told him that he would either fix it or withdraw it, so I would take that bet, We will probally get an update from him by the end of the day

They need to introduce legislation that says quite simply that we will NOT allow Federal legislation to be enforced in this Commonwealth that pertains to firearms. Why ban the possession of certain firearms at the state level if they are not registered? This is Kentucky, where we stand united. We do not need restrictions on what firearms we can have in our free state. We should be the first state that voids ALL Federal legislation, including the NFA and other unconstitutional legislation that pertains to firearms.

I'm not sure how you would do this, If you declare ALL federal gun laws invalid and unenforcable, what about the law that requires dealers to have FFL, or the law that requires indivuals to obtain a background check thru the NICS system.

Current FFL's have distrubuters located in other states, this could cause problems for them to get inventory, If you opt out of the NICS, it could take days or even weeks for the state to complete the checks without the use of NICS

(these two issues, have been brought up by the anti, in other states when they tried this)

I know nobody has specificly said anything about doing away with these laws, however they fall under the definition of ALL federal laws

HB 267, SB123, and HB233 all deal with federal laws being enforcable within the comonwealth of Kentucky, I have not had a chance to read and study all of the yet.

I suport the concept of the legislation, I am just unsure and don't fully understand the application

MrOverlay

We definately do not need another law that prohibits another class of individuals from possessing firearms.

Hopefully Gutshot can enlighten us on the exact reason behind the current withdrawal of this legislation.

While this and your previous posting sound well reasoned, I have always (well maybe not always) tried to anticipate what might go wrong and then what would I do.

Suppose Kentucky adopts your advice, and the feds tell them to pound sand (to use Charlies term).They say that they will do what they want, to whom they want, and you can't do a thing about it. What then?

09jisaac

What the law would probably say is that anything manufactured in Kentucky, sold in Kentucky and have never left Kentucky and would never leave Kentucky would be free from federal regulations.

This would include everything from machine guns, suppressors, SBRs/SBSs, to cars and anything else.

This would not effect at all current S&W, Colt, Remington, HK, Sig, ect as those are all made outside of Kentucky and imported into Kentucky. Double Star products on the other hand could go both ways. If they are transported to Ohio to a distributer and then brought back into Kentucky then they would be regulated under Federal Law.

All FFLs would have to remain FFLs unless they want to deal exclusively in Kentucky firearms. There would be more than just Double Star.

Kentucky already uses the NICS for non federal purposes (CDWL), I don't see why they could not continue to if they decide to forgo interstate regulations for intrastate commerce.

MrOverlay

What the law would probably say is that anything manufactured in Kentucky, sold in Kentucky and have never left Kentucky and would never leave Kentucky would be free from federal regulations.

This would include everything from machine guns, suppressors, SBRs/SBSs, to cars and anything else.

This would not effect at all current S&W, Colt, Remington, HK, Sig, ect as those are all made outside of Kentucky and imported into Kentucky. Double Star products on the other hand could go both ways. If they are transported to Ohio to a distributer and then brought back into Kentucky then they would be regulated under Federal Law.

All FFLs would have to remain FFLs unless they want to deal exclusively in Kentucky firearms. There would be more than just Double Star.

Kentucky already uses the NICS for non federal purposes (CDWL), I don't see why they could not continue to if they decide to forgo interstate regulations for intrastate commerce.

True, but I am still asking what happens if the feds just laugh at us and continue on as normal. Is all of this state law matching federal law and state laws claiming our independence in particular areas of firearms all a feel good measure?

Pragmatically, what is the goal?

langzaiguy

Thanks for the heads up, Gutshot. I think you may be mistaken on HB 169---It seems to be about child support, not gun control.

self preservation

Thanks for the heads up, Gutshot. I think you may be mistaken on HB 169---It seems to be about child support, not gun control.

I was about to ask a similar question. The mentioned SB 121 reads, "AN ACT relating to insurance consumer protections.
Create a new section of Subtitle 13 of KRS Chapter 304 to allow exceptions to an insurer’s use of credit information with regard to rates, rating classifications, tier placement and underwriting guidelines for specific life events........" Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Comm

I talked with Senator Hornback last night. SB 92 has been withdrawn and is not coming back. SB 129 has been introduced as a replacement. However, the house has some bills that are problems. HB 267 has exactly the same wording as SB 92 had. I asked Sen. Hornback if he had any contact with the sponsor of that bill to get it stopped, too. His answer was "no, but if it passes the House, which I doubt, it will not get a hearing in the Senate and we will pass SB 92 and the House leadership has agreed to also pass it". Everyone should take a look at HB 168 and contact you legislators and urge them to support it. At the same time tell them "NO" on HB 265, 267, 268 and SB 121.

Looks like HB 267 was withdrawn.
I have contacted about the others.
Thanks Gutshot!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Gutshot said in his last post that he would hear back from Paul Hornback today, he also said that Paul Hornback told him that he would either fix it or withdraw it, so I would take that bet, We will probally get an update from him by the end of the day

I'm not sure how you would do this, If you declare ALL federal gun laws invalid and unenforcable, what about the law that requires dealers to have FFL, or the law that requires indivuals to obtain a background check thru the NICS system.

Current FFL's have distrubuters located in other states, this could cause problems for them to get inventory, If you opt out of the NICS, it could take days or even weeks for the state to complete the checks without the use of NICS

(these two issues, have been brought up by the anti, in other states when they tried this)

I know nobody has specificly said anything about doing away with these laws, however they fall under the definition of ALL federal laws

HB 267, SB123, and HB233 all deal with federal laws being enforcable within the comonwealth of Kentucky, I have not had a chance to read and study all of the yet.

I suport the concept of the legislation, I am just unsure and don't fully understand the application

Gun laws that apply to the people. Of course we would have to maintain certain restrictions on Federally licensed dealers, because they are FEDERALLY licensed, and without that license they would never be able to obtain firearms through interstate commerce.

Once the firearm is in the hands of the consumer though, we should not be bound by the unconstitutional legislation at the federal level.

We SHOULD exempt FFLs for firearms and accessories that were manufactured in Kentucky and that never left the State by way of interstate commerce. This, or establish Kentucky Firearm Retailers that sell nothing but Kentucky made firearms and accessories. These would not have to worry about losing their FFL for selling Kentucky made firearms, and they would only be bound by the laws of Kentucky.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
While this and your previous posting sound well reasoned, I have always (well maybe not always) tried to anticipate what might go wrong and then what would I do.

Suppose Kentucky adopts your advice, and the feds tell them to pound sand (to use Charlies term).They say that they will do what they want, to whom they want, and you can't do a thing about it. What then?

Well then things get ugly. I too have pondered the actions of the Federal Government if we were to pass such legislation, but I value my freedom and liberty way too much to care at this point. What I really care about is the freedom and liberty my children will experience in their lifetime. If we continue to do nothing then my children will grow up in a country that controls their every action, and this is NOT something I care to envision any longer.

I would die to ensure that my children's future stays bright and happy, but at this point I just can't see that happening without some sort of intervention.

Are we willing to sacrifice our very foundation to maintain a little peace? I mean, are we willing to give up our liberties and freedoms to maintain a government that cares nothing about the People or their rights?

I know very well your concerns, because I often find myself examining the very same concerns in my own mind, but the cost of action is great, and without action we will surely lose everything that has already been fought for once. Well, I guess I could say it has been fought for several times. At this point, the millions of lives that have been lost to defend and establish our freedoms have been lost in vain if we do nothing.

We must do EVERYTHING we can in a peaceable manner before we attempt different routes, and introducing legislation at the State level to nullify federal legislation is about the last peaceful option we have left.

What do you believe to be our best option at this point? I would be willing to support my State at all costs if whatever they attempted was sound and attempted to nullify the Federal Government's unconstitutional power they have claimed.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I talked with Senator Hornback last night. SB 92 has been withdrawn and is not coming back. SB 129 has been introduced as a replacement. However, the house has some bills that are problems. HB 267 has exactly the same wording as SB 92 had. I asked Sen. Hornback if he had any contact with the sponsor of that bill to get it stopped, too. His answer was "no, but if it passes the House, which I doubt, it will not get a hearing in the Senate and we will pass SB 92 and the House leadership has agreed to also pass it". Everyone should take a look at HB 168 and contact you legislators and urge them to support it. At the same time tell them "NO" on HB 265, 267, 268 and SB 121.

That is an EXCELLENT bill that I will COMPLETELY support! Thank you for everything you do and have done. This is REAL no-nonsense legislation and I commend those that introduced it and those that will support it.

MrOverlay

Well then things get ugly. I too have pondered the actions of the Federal Government if we were to pass such legislation, but I value my freedom and liberty way too much to care at this point. What I really care about is the freedom and liberty my children will experience in their lifetime. If we continue to do nothing then my children will grow up in a country that controls their every action, and this is NOT something I care to envision any longer.

I would die to ensure that my children's future stays bright and happy, but at this point I just can't see that happening without some sort of intervention.

Are we willing to sacrifice our very foundation to maintain a little peace? I mean, are we willing to give up our liberties and freedoms to maintain a government that cares nothing about the People or their rights?

I know very well your concerns, because I often find myself examining the very same concerns in my own mind, but the cost of action is great, and without action we will surely lose everything that has already been fought for once. Well, I guess I could say it has been fought for several times. At this point, the millions of lives that have been lost to defend and establish our freedoms have been lost in vain if we do nothing.

We must do EVERYTHING we can in a peaceable manner before we attempt different routes, and introducing legislation at the State level to nullify federal legislation is about the last peaceful option we have left.

What do you believe to be our best option at this point? I would be willing to support my State at all costs if whatever they attempted was sound and attempted to nullify the Federal Government's unconstitutional power they have claimed.

You ask a fair question, and I honestly don't have a good answer. I think the feds default position is a Waco style approach.

I am afraid that we may be in a losing situation. The average person today has not even a basic knowledge of history and how and why our country was formed. We will never get any help from the main stream media as they will only call us nuts and make fun of us.

I believe our only hope is to educate enough people about what is really happening and the implications involved. However, when more people know about the Kardashians than they do the Constitution it is sure going to be an up hill battle. Top that off with people who really think the 2nd Amendment is about hunting and I am not hopeful.

Add to that situation firearms owners are often a fractured group. A lot of firearms enthusiast are only interested in one type of firearm and really don't care what happens to the other firearms as long as theirs is left alone. This is not a helpful situation. We have enough numbers of firearm owners, we just don't have enough who really care, IMO.

Just from my own experience, it gets very lonely when the blood starts flowing.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
You ask a fair question, and I honestly don't have a good answer. I think the feds default position is a Waco style approach.

I am afraid that we may be in a losing situation. The average person today has not even a basic knowledge of history and how and why our country was formed. We will never get any help from the main stream media as they will only call us nuts and make fun of us.

I believe our only hope is to educate enough people about what is really happening and the implications involved. However, when more people know about the Kardashians than they do the Constitution it is sure going to be an up hill battle. Top that off with people who really think the 2nd Amendment is about hunting and I am not hopeful.

Add to that situation firearms owners are often a fractured group. A lot of firearms enthusiast are only interested in one type of firearm and really don't care what happens to the other firearms as long as theirs is left alone. This is not a helpful situation. We have enough numbers of firearm owners, we just don't have enough who really care, IMO.

Just from my own experience, it gets very lonely when the blood starts flowing.

I agree with everything you've said.

The television in general has been a huge staple in the American mind. It does nothing but weaken our unity and society's over-all view of what is right and wrong.

I know first-hand what it is like when you are trying to fight for what is right and no one seems to want to help. I tried for years to fix the problems my co-workers and myself faced with District 9 in the Transportation Cabinet with very little success. At the beginning everyone was on board that was receiving illegal treatment. Once things started to get "real" everyone jumped over-board on me and left me to drown with the ship. I know first hand that people enjoy talking a big game, but when it comes down to action they scare off quite easily. This is rather sad, but a truth in our modern America.

I will be the first to admit that whatever lies before us will be nothing of certainty other than an up-hill battle. It will take hard work and a LOT of educating. Whatever happens it will have happened because of our action or our inaction, and hopefully it ends up being because of our actions.

One thing is certain, and that is something must me done in order to stop this momentum the Federal Government has found. I am very interested to find out what exactly will do that.

self preservation

I hate like hell to ask, but can someone provide me a link to HB 168 ,265, 267 and 268? For some reason I get getting sh!t results in my search engine when I try to research these bills.

Last edited: