• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You poor ba$terds

FreeInAZ

When my family and I chose to move southwest - we stopped at the southwest coast of the free United States in our mind: Arizona! :banana: :D

Not sure what the huckleberry hound is wrong with the folks in CA (Communist America) but man, I wish they would stop it!:uhoh:

SFCRetired

When my family and I chose to move southwest - we stopped at the southwest coast of the free United States in our mind: Arizona! :banana: :D

Not sure what the huckleberry hound is wrong with the folks in CA (Communist America) but man, I wish they would stop it!:uhoh:

A former governor of California, when asked about a particularly strange group in that state, replied, "California has an excellent climate for growing fruits and nuts!"

It seems his statement is especially true concerning nuts and, for some odd reason, most of them get elected to public office!!

Bahabandit

I feel sorry for you guys in Cali. I hope I NEVER get stationed out there. I am sure it is nice out there but I don't think I can handle all of the liberalism. If yall wanna come south I am sure there is some room. Just leave the Democrats there. Haha.

March Hare

From an article on TheTruthAboutGuns.com

<snip>

A press conference just wrapped up in California where the Democrats (who have an overwhelming majority in the state) unveiled their latest gun control agenda. And since the Democratic majority is so strong, these aren’t proposals — it’s a preview of things to come. According to one person who was watching the press conference, the following new restrictions on personal liberties will be coming to the most “liberal” state in the union . . .

• Possession of hollow point bullets and similar assault bullets a felony.
  • Must register and report ammo purchases. Only purchase max 500 rounds.
  • 10 round magazine limit
  • ALL magazines must be fixed to the gun (can not be removed without the use of a tool)
  • 100% prohibition of all magazines greater than 10 rounds. All previous grandfathered magazines become illegal. Felony if you keep one.
  • Changing definition of shotgun revolving cylinder — Basically only single shot shotguns will remain legal.
  • Bullet Buttons will become illegal — All AR and AK style rifles that are currently equipped with them will be designated Assault Weapons. Felony to possess.
  • All gun owners now must be licensed like drivers.
  • All gun owners must carry gun liability insurance
<snip>

I've never heard of an Assault Bullet before...

Of course, it is still early in the year, things could change.

Things do not look good...
Sorry to see what's happening there.

-MH

Last edited:

mpguy

This doesn't sound good.. That fire will spread quickly if it's not put out soon I think.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

carolina guy

Given the last couple days of police shootings in CA, they need to include law enforcement in any and all of their nutcase gun restrictions.

ecocks

So criminals are now going to be required to carry gun liability insurance or be cited for non-compliance?

IANAL but if they are thinking that they will be filing insurance claims for "gun liability" won't that increase the number of people suing each other for damages related to firerms usage? Specifically, I am thinking the when you have something like New York's LE's shooting those innocent bystanders it's going to be a whol new ballgame for litigation now.

No detachable magazines for hunting rifles?

I love California, it makes the rest of the US look sane.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I pose this question; Do you likewise feel sorry for Revere and Hawes who rode to warn of the advancing British troops? Or the men who mustered on Lexington Green?

While you contemplate this, consider that what happens in California and New York is not contained there, that you are not in such protected isolation behind other state boundaries as to be untouchable. We are only the front lines of the war over the second amendment. If you want to lend us your support instead of your pity, it would be far more appreciated.

One way to lend your support is to use the link in my signature when making purchases through Amazon. Or you could contribute to the Calguns Foundation directly at https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=calgunsfnd&id=1 and tune into the Firearms Policy Coalition at http://www.firearmspolicy.org/

FreeInAZ

Our enemies are all too happy to use our $ against us!

@Con3

Point taken. I would like to make a friendly suggestion: consider using another company other than Amazon. They recently showed where they stand on RKBA issues when they gave $30,000 to a gun buy back program in Seattle. This is similar to using the Brady's campaign website to collect members for the NRA and giving them a portion of the membership fees the new members pay. :eek:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Amazon-incentive-in-Seattle-gun-buyback-program-186051842.html

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
@Con3

Point taken. I would like to make a friendly suggestion: consider using another company other than Amazon. They recently showed where they stand on RKBA issues when they gave $30,000 to a gun buy back program in Seattle. This is similar to using the Brady's campaign website to collect members for the NRA and giving them a portion of the membership fees the new members pay. :eek:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Amazon-incentive-in-Seattle-gun-buyback-program-186051842.html

Its really not my decision to make, and it should be considered that this click through program has netted more than $70,000 for CGF to advance California gun rights since it was initiated last year. So, if a gun owner does use Amazon, perhaps they would feel a little less guilty by using the CGF link, and offset Amazon's contributions to anti-gun programs.

Saxxon

You know, you guys could take a stand as some in NY are doing. Beyond that, well you got a "looney lefty" cop causing all kinds of mischief for the abusive totalitarian police state. Just imagine what 10,000s of Dorners would do.

Just saying.

Ca Patriot

There are some people on this board who have urgerd others to write letters or call on their state reps or the govenor to not support gun legislation.

Those people dont realize California politicians are so far gone its pointless.

WalkingWolf

There are some people on this board who have urgerd others to write letters or call on their state reps or the govenor to not support gun legislation.

Those people dont realize California politicians are so far gone its pointless.

I think the answer for CA residents is how a couple counties handled unconstitutional gun laws in Illinois for some time. Two counties the prosecutors openly refused to prosecute those laws against law abiding citizens. In actuality more than just two counties did things this way, effectively nullifying the laws. As long as the laws are not mandates for the county prosecutors these pockets of freedom could exist in CA.