• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sam's Gun Shop is open under new managerment

Ultra09

Stopped there the other night. Picked up four boxes 5.56 They have some inventory but still setting up. The range is not open at this time, they are working on getting it back in shape from past neglect.
One positive note, they at least acknowledge you when you enter, the past owners, the four or five times I was in the store never said one word to me!! A simple "hi" or "welcome" would have went a long ways! Thus I hadn't been in there in over a year!

Raffie

Nice....

I got lots of ammo, just no place to shoot it or time to drive far away to shoot.

*sigh*

skeith5

I stopped by there the other day, came pretty close to picking up an AK they had there for non marked up prices. Seems like a good place and they had 5.56!

Scott

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Well, it's nice to see they are re-opening and there will be another range and shop again. I thought they were gone for good. I took out a membership at Shooting Sports Northwest so won't have much call to shoot there, but we will see how the store shapes up.

Dave in Edmonds

Just a clarification:

Sam's is not reopening, they are bankrupt and gone under. The building is now occupied by West Coast Armory North and they are playing hell trying to get the range back in shape. They are already 2 months past their target opening date.

Raffie

Sent email to West Coast Armory about bi-metal jackets and they said

"When it comes to caliber restrictions, I assume they will be similar to those of our own. We allow up to 7.62x39 in our rifle bay. Ammunition must be brass cased, copper jacketed. Bi-metal is not allowed for safety reasons. The steel in the bi metal jackets have a tendency to ricochet indoors and come back and hit people. I've seen this happen first hand at another range (not ours), causing serious injury to a woman who had to have surgery on her wrist and tendons following the accident. :"

So bi-metal and steel case not allowed.
Looks like my shooting time will not be spent there either.
*sigh*
This is really frustrating..... I have 2 rifles for 4mo now and still yet to shoot them.

FMJ 911

Sent email to West Coast Armory about bi-metal jackets and they said

"When it comes to caliber restrictions, I assume they will be similar to those of our own. We allow up to 7.62x39 in our rifle bay. Ammunition must be brass cased, copper jacketed. Bi-metal is not allowed for safety reasons. The steel in the bi metal jackets have a tendency to ricochet indoors and come back and hit people. I've seen this happen first hand at another range (not ours), causing serious injury to a woman who had to have surgery on her wrist and tendons following the accident. :"

So bi-metal and steel case not allowed.
Looks like my shooting time will not be spent there either.
*sigh*
This is really frustrating..... I have 2 rifles for 4mo now and still yet to shoot them.

The few times I actually go to an indoor range, I only shoot Copper Plated .22 LR's, that's it. I figured out they (Range Staff) can't give you any trouble with those little rounds.

For shooting anything larger, I just go to one of the numerous outdoor shooting pits, so I can fire "Affordable" ammo.

FMJ 911

Don't you mean "few"? And getting "fewer" and "fewer" as the pigs trash them up?

Sadly you're right, I can remember when there were AT LEAST 4 good spots within an hour's drive of my house, now it's half that.

I still make an effort to clean them up, even if it's a losing battle. Gives me some purpose, even if it's not much.