• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colleges, you'd think they would be smarter.

sudden valley gunner

Grim your response is of little surprise as it seems you just can't stand not letting officials know you are carrying.

I think if a student took this and pushed it through the courts it would come back the College can make rules prohibiting firearms as a condition of enrollment, similar to Cherry V. Metro.
If a citizen that is not a student ran it through the same path it would come back as the College is unable to prohibit possession.

You didn't say, WHAT?:lol:

:rolleyes: So what was your point? Not to OC?

Grim_Night

You didn't say, WHAT?:lol:

ok so... going to the city and telling them about signs that say no weapons allowed is ok but going to a school that has signs that say the same thing even though they are invalid is not ok? the signs were leftover from when that building was part of the local school district. but now that the building belongs to the college, they are very much so invalid and may lead to confusion and trouble for both the people that don't know better and the people that are following the actual rules.

But hey... just go right on ahead and give me a hard time yet again... seems like you're very good at busting people's chops for no good reason :monkey

Oh and thanks SVG :p

tombrewster421

ok so... going to the city and telling them about signs that say no weapons allowed is ok but going to a school that has signs that say the same thing even though they are invalid is not ok? the signs were leftover from when that building was part of the local school district. but now that the building belongs to the college, they are very much so invalid and may lead to confusion and trouble for both the people that don't know better and the people that are following the actual rules.

But hey... just go right on ahead and give me a hard time yet again... seems like you're very good at busting people's chops for no good reason :monkey

I wouldn't say he's that good at it.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

Push it through Grim and see how well it works out for you! Keep drawing unnecessary attention to yourself, in some settings it is just better to cover up and shut up and still be armed or is it to push it until they solidify it in stone and prevent anyone from carrying?

DamonK

Push it through Grim and see how well it works out for you! Keep drawing unnecessary attention to yourself, in some settings it is just better to cover up and shut up and still be armed or is it to push it until they solidify it in stone and prevent anyone from carrying?

You know, with your opinions that you've made crystal clear on here, maybe you should just stay home and stay unarmed. Because all you can seem to think to do when someone is being an active member of society is to criticize them. What a lazy/cowardly way to live. Never be afraid to do the right thing. Remember that true evil is when good men do nothing.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Damon I have accomplished many positive actions in providing for the armed citizen in my community and still have sticks in the fire to help advance our rights, you? except for just talking about it.

tombrewster421

Damon I have accomplished many positive actions in providing for the armed citizen in my community and still have sticks in the fire to help advance our rights, you? except for just talking about it.

While hiding your rights under your coat. That's your prerogative but doesn't make it ok to criticize anyone who does things differently than you.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
While hiding your rights under your coat. That's your prerogative but doesn't make it ok to criticize anyone who does things differently than you.

Yes I hid my rights when I confronted City Councils, County Commissioners, Law Enforcement Officials and News Interviews, yes I hid my rights, you're ridiculous.

Being young and stupid is not a right but know when you can make a positive move ahead instead of cutting ones nose off, just because it is there.
This scenario or carrying a firearm to a college as a student will do little to help his cause, shut up, cover up and maintain being armed in an environment where it will no doubt restrict his ability to continue his education.
Like I stated before if it was by a non student then matters would be different, how about you stepping up to the bat and do it for him? Come on don't hide behind your mommies apron.

Last edited:

DamonK

I'm plenty active in my community. But I don't need to validate myself to you. Those who know me know what I do. You on the other hand do nothing but criticize those that don't always do as you do. What a hipocrate you are. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you're so closed minded you can't even see it.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I'm plenty active in my community. But I don't need to validate myself to you. Those who know me know what I do. You on the other hand do nothing but criticize those that don't always do as you do. What a hipocrate you are. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you're so closed minded you can't even see it.

So nothing huh?

DamonK

So nothing huh?

Did I say nothing? You are a frigging idiot. All you've done is make vague claims of having done some undefined stuff. I participate and help organise rallies and fundraisers. And I openly carry a handgun everywhere I go. I make a lot of good contact and hand out a lot of our pamphlets. I send letter to private companies and LEAs.

And you do what? Stuff and things.

So yeah, back to your bridge troll.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Did I say nothing? You are a frigging idiot. All you've done is make vague claims of having done some undefined stuff. I participate and help organise rallies and fundraisers. And I openly carry a handgun everywhere I go. I make a lot of good contact and hand out a lot of our pamphlets. I send letter to private companies and LEAs.

And you do what? Stuff and things.

So yeah, back to your bridge troll.

Bridge lol, Troll you have to move out first!

tombrewster421

Yes I hid my rights when I confronted City Councils, County Commissioners, Law Enforcement Officials and News Interviews, yes I hid my rights, you're ridiculous.

Being young and stupid is not a right but know when you can make a positive move ahead instead of cutting ones nose off, just because it is there.
This scenario or carrying a firearm to a college as a student will do little to help his cause, shut up, cover up and maintain being armed in an environment where it will no doubt restrict his ability to continue his education.
Like I stated before if it was by a non student then matters would be different, how about you stepping up to the bat and do it for him? Come on don't hide behind your mommies apron.

And again you have nothing constructive to say that would actually help the situation he's already in. Only criticizing what cannot be changed because it is in the past while calling everyone names and insinuating we are nothing more than ignorant little children who must "hide behind mommies apron." you've offered no actual advice on how to move forward, only criticizing the past. And guess what, I got a call from him the day it happened and have been conferring with him in private. There you go again making unfounded claims that no one does anything as great as you. We just don't toot our own horns because it's not a stinking contest.

You remind me of my little kids that act like everything is a race that you just have to win.

Fighting for our rights is a team sport. There's no "I" in team.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Bridge lol, Troll you have to move out first!

I'm not sure why you feel you have to call people names continually. You provide good information yet continue to belittle others who choose a different path then you.

Grim_Night

Just turned 35 today... yup I'm young. I have done nothing less then anybody else here with respect to standing up for my own rights whenever I can. Yup, I'm stupid. The school policy for students says 1 thing which I have been abiding by, while the school policy for staff says something different which shouldn't have any effect on my actions as a student but for some reason the head of security seems to think it should. So I am standing up for the fact that the school's policy supports me while the head of security is trying to push forward his own agenda. I have also taken the time to contact the Lakewood city council in an effort to get them to change the laws that they have on the books regarding the carrying of firearms in city parks. Yet again, it's something that a great number of folks here have been doing in other cities such as Oak Harbor... hmmm...

forumtrollthumb312x4456.jpg <~~ BigDave

But... in an attempt to keep this thread on topic... with regards to my current situation, are there any useful ideas as to how I should further deal with the Clover Park Technical College and their disparity in staff vs. student firearms related policies?

Last edited: