Thread: Dad goes to surgery tomorrow

Dad goes to surgery tomorrow

Sitting here, and decided to read up on the three stents, they are going to put in him tomorrow. Providing they don't find anything worse, is there much to worry about?

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

All surgery carries risk but my mother has had several with no issues. So don't worry.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    Sitting here, and decided to read up on the three stents, they are going to put in him tomorrow. Providing they don't find anything worse, is there much to worry about?

I could tell you about particular complications that may arise, but what would be the point in doing that? Sure you would have the knowledge but wouldn't that simply make the time spent waiting even more stressful? I'm talking from experience of one who had to be in the waiting room during an emergent situation where someone did come back and started telling me about complications that actually happened. The stress prior to that point was high enough.

Good luck to your father. These procedures, while having inherent risks associated with them, are very common these days and the doctors that perform them have done them many thousands of times - at the hospital where we go, the docs who do the heart catheterizations do them all day long every day. Hopefully your father went in fully aware of the risks involved. There are never enough questions that can and should be asked regarding any procedure.

Banned
    Odd, I thought stents were being shied away from due to the long term effectiveness..

Hope the procedure turns out well..

Re: Dad goes to surgery tomorrow

Well good news, after the cat was done, they decided against stents. It wasn't add bad as the ct showed. There are 2 others spots to watch, but they think with medication, and diet, he should be OK.

Banned
    Well that's good news .. hope his outcome is a positive one ..

Give our well wishes to him...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Re: Dad goes to surgery tomorrow

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2