Thread: Wells Fargo banks??

Wells Fargo banks??

I have to go into a Wells Fargo Bank today to cash a check (check from a wells fargo acct). Does anyone know if they are OC friendly here in NC?

Wells Fargo banks??

Yes as far as I remember they are.

No sign in the Rosedale branch of Huntersville.

-R
    Last edited by rdinatal; 02-08-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Didn't see any signs at the main branch in downtown Charlotte a week ago.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

So the branch at Brier Creek in Raleigh had no signs and no one said a word while I was in there - which was a really long time seeing as all I was doing was cashing a lousy check that was being drawn from a company account. They tried to get me to sign up with an account - no thanks just the cash, please. Then they told me that there may be a $7.50 fee to cash the check if the company who wrote the check doesn't have that service. What a crock of stuff that is - a fee (and a large one) to cash one of their own checks.

Anyway, they are OC friendly...

getting tight all over the place w/companies charging fees...at least you could carry which i think was worth the 7.50...

my experience at the First Carolina Peoples CU when i put my check in...sorry there is a three week hold, then they screwed up the debit card authentication, then they screwed up the computer by inputting the wrong debit card number, and it went down hill from there...

wabbit

Ps remember the aero industry made $$600million from baggage fees alone last year...and ppl wonder why SW is going strong...
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

I know this is a little after the fact but for what it's worth, the location at 50/42 have never said anything to me regarding my open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatting View Post
    So the branch at Brier Creek in Raleigh had no signs and no one said a word while I was in there - which was a really long time seeing as all I was doing was cashing a lousy check that was being drawn from a company account. They tried to get me to sign up with an account - no thanks just the cash, please. Then they told me that there may be a $7.50 fee to cash the check if the company who wrote the check doesn't have that service. What a crock of stuff that is - a fee (and a large one) to cash one of their own checks.

Anyway, they are OC friendly...
    BoA started the check cashing fee on checks drawn on themselves, I stopped banking with them as soon as they did. I currently bank with State Employees Credit Union. Last I heard WF was OC friendly.
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

Wells fargo is very gun friendly. I open carry in their banks in Clayton, Raleigh. and Sanford all the time.
    Lannie
    GRNC Member and volunteer, NRA member and volunteer. Open Carry Advocate
    Triangle Open Carry Co-Organizer: Co-Chairman Johnston county Friends of the NRA.

I OC in Wells Fargo banks all the time here in Colorado with no problems; BUT their refusing to do business with a gun parts manufacture has me getting ready to switch to a local Credit Union.

I OC in the Durham WF all the time

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    ... their refusing to do business with a gun parts manufacture has me getting ready to switch to a local Credit Union.
    I seem to remember the details were in dispute. Was there every any confirmation of the circumstances?

I would move my accounts as well if this was a legitimate issue.

But as it is, I've no problems with OC in Wells Fargo or Chase banks here.
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-16-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Well,,,

Another SPAMMER fro wells fargo,,, Reported!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

A friend of mine had a mortgage with WF, then he paid it off, and there was an overage of 30 dollars, so they gave him a check, then when he went to cash it they demanded a fingerprint. He tore the check in their face and left.

The big banks may build nice looking skyscrapers, but I don't do business with them, at least directly.

Good on them for allowing OC though
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I can't speak to OC directly, but Wells took over the Wachovia banks around here, and removed the gunbuster signs right away. That ought to say something.

I opened an account while OC (depositing a large check drawn on WF, for some police officers behaving badly toward me), and have been in several branches around the Milwaukee, WI area while OC, with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    ... Wells took over the Wachovia banks around here, and removed the gunbuster signs right away. That ought to say something.
    Same here when they took over NorWest quite some time ago. They took over the Wachovia here, too, but I wasn't familiar with those.

I had been a customer of NorWest, because I was a customer of PriMerit, because I was a customer of First Interstate Bank of Nevada, all of whom were bought out in succession. When NorWest was the first to put up the "No Guns" sign, I walked in and closed my account and told them why.

When Wells Fargo took them over and took the sign down, I reopened my accounts. I'm still shown as a customer since my account first opened with the old bank, too.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

One of their branch managers accused me of breaking federal law by carrying in their bank. When I complained to Wells Fargo corporate about being falsely accused of a crime, they ignored that part of the complaint and defended their manager by citing their 'no firearms' policy.

I no longer do business with Wells Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by marycoll View Post
    Wells Fargo wants consumers to use its ATMs. To be able to ensure this, the bank is going with sophisticated technology that literally *********** software based upon the user's banking routines.
    So you join less than 8 days ago, and you have one post, and it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.... and it sounds like you are advertising..

Seems legit ^_^
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-07-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Removed spam quote
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    So you join less than 8 days ago, and you have one post, and it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.... and it sounds like you are advertising..

Seems legit ^_^
    Don't know when the forum softwear quit reporting publicly exactly when a new user joins, but this idgit just registered 5/7 at 4:56 A.M. - I must have been asleep at the throttle. Very few spammers slip in, they never last long. The filters catch 99% of them.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I carried into the Brier Creek branch yesterday and had no problems at all. Caught a few eyes looking at the gun, but got nothing but smiles and hello's from their staff.