Thread: ND with an Injury at Bend McDonalds

ND with an Injury at Bend McDonalds

Damn.....

Wife drops gun at Bend McDonald's; husband shot

Woman cited after Derringer in pocket falls to floor, fires

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Wife-drops-...ml?hpt=us_bn10

I'm going off topic here but this is one thing that concerns me with the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

I want manufacturers to be immune from tort suits holding them accountable for stupid people but I also want them to be held responsible for design flaws. No gun should go off by being dropped. It's the reason I won't allow my wife to carry one in the chamber on her **** jiminez arms 380 even though we always carry hot with the glock.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Banned

Why did she get charged?

Sounds like a "Cheney" ...

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    I'm going off topic here but this is one thing that concerns me with the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

I want manufacturers to be immune from tort suits holding them accountable for stupid people but I also want them to be held responsible for design flaws. No gun should go off by being dropped. It's the reason I won't allow my wife to carry one in the chamber on her **** jiminez arms 380 even though we always carry hot with the glock.
    1st question: Why does you wife carry a piece of crap Jiminez in the first place?

2nd question: Has Jiminez ever stated that their pieces of crap are designed to be drop safe?
    Last edited by notalawyer; 02-08-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    1st question: Why does you wife carry a piece of crap Jiminez in the first place?

2nd question: Has Jiminez ever stated that their pieces of crap are designed to be drop safe?
    I will gladly send some funds to help with the purchase of a safe firearm for her. Get rid of that Jiminez. I would never let my wife carry such. I suggest you let her carry the glock and you the Jiminez.

I certainly hope she looses her conceal permit, if she even has one!
    Last edited by carracer; 02-08-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: topic

Wow, hoping she would lose her permit? I don't know what those are but it sounds rude.

She likes the jiminez and is a damn straight shot with it. It FTE's almost every shot for me and never for her.

She hates my Glock, says it hurts to wear it. Funds are tight so if you're truly willing to chip in for a hi point or other super compact gun of your choosing I'm all in, but seriously did you wish bad mojo on her?
    Last edited by sharkey; 02-08-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post

1) She likes it. She hates XD's and Glocks and other "big" guns. (I think my Glock is small but she says it's very uncomfortable to wear).
    2) Not that I'm aware. It's obvious from the design it's not drop safe, which again is why she carries it unchambered.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Wow, hoping she would lose her permit? I don't know what those are but it sounds rude.

She likes the jiminez and is a damn straight shot with it. It FTE's almost every shot for me and never for her.

She hates my Glock, says it hurts to wear it. Funds are tight so if you're truly willing to chip in for a hi point or other super compact gun of your choosing I'm all in, but seriously did you wish bad mojo on her?
    If she's happy with it, works out on the range in safety and is confident in her selection then it's her decision to trust her life to it, not ours.

Re: Lose her permit

Phrasing and context. He means the woman in the Negligent discharge incident.

I know I shouldn't, but Im going to make an assumption.

I assume that she had a North American Arms 22 revolver.

They will go off if dropped on the hammer IF the hammer is not in the half cocked position. When the hammer is in the half cocked position, it cannot be fired from dropping or by pulling the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    If she's happy with it, works out on the range in safety and is confident in her selection then it's her decision to trust her life to it, not ours.

Re: Lose her permit

Phrasing and context. He means the woman in the Negligent discharge incident.
    Oh duh. Thanks ecocks.

Usually my comprehension skills are pretty good but I failed to realize that carracer was putting this train back on it's tracks.

ETA, on a side note, I see the Jiminez 380 did pass drop tests in CA. Funny how Mr. Jiminez accidentally said his slide was from the same manure when he meant manufacturer. LOL

http://www.calgunlaws.com/wp-content...rar-part-4.pdf
    Last edited by sharkey; 02-09-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I will gladly send some funds to help with the purchase of a safe firearm for her. Get rid of that Jiminez. I would never let my wife carry such. I suggest you let her carry the glock and you the Jiminez.

I certainly hope she looses her conceal permit, if she even has one!
    Opps!!!

My appologies here! I certainly meant the woman in Bend.

My offer still stands to help you with a different firearm tho.