• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Helicopter Cop Lands and Harasses Woman

davidmcbeth

Banned
Be very careful about "refuse[ing] to ID" yourself, no matter what dangerous advice is implied by a certain poster. The officer could well have RAS without you knowing. After all, he does not have to explain his RAS to you! If he has RAS and you don't think so, not identifying yourself as a result, you could be charged with a crime!

Don't be convinced to do something stupid by someone who never seems to have risked his freedom as some of us have. It's easy to talk the talk. Better advice comes from those who have walked the walk.

OK ... so according to you, you always must ID yourself ..... baa baa

Please cite the "crime" you refer to? Thanks. Just so people can make an informed decision.

dmatting

dont be so sensitive skippy. i dont have a position on this story except to say i think there is more to the story.

The video was uploaded on youtube by the person who claims to be involved in the incident. Their username is "stonedagin1" and the person searched had a torch on them and previous weapons arrests/convictions.

Now keep in mind I dont believe drugs should be illegal but I do have common sense and I dont think this was a young lady collecting rocks in the desert for her college PHD thesis.

Maybe you could follow up with the people and get more information.

First, don't project your emotions onto me.
Second, can it with the failing condescension - its obvious I touched a nerve by daring to question you or your motives. Your emotions seem to have clouded your reasoning, though, because that wasn't what i was actually doing. You purport yourself to be a cop watcher yet when a cop is caught blatantly violating someone's rights you place suspicion on the citizen and give the cop a pass.
Third, I don't fall for ridiculous left wing tactics where you throw out a negative and call for me to disprove it.

sudden valley gunner

Did it stick? They threatened me with that charge but dropped it and ended up letting me go, armed and all.

Sounds like something that happened to me on a different scenario, no evidence no PC, prosecutor not liking me not taking his pleas until the 4th judge dropped it for no PC, and only because I missed my court date, they wouldn't check my firearm, and the prosecutor asked for my arrest.

Freedom1Man

Sounds like something that happened to me on a different scenario, no evidence no PC, prosecutor not liking me not taking his pleas until the 4th judge dropped it for no PC, and only because I missed my court date, they wouldn't check my firearm, and the prosecutor asked for my arrest.

Which court house was that?

Back on topic.

What gives anyone the authority to demand information from citizens?