• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long??

Jpatterson250

The state cashed my check on the 4th of feb and today is the 6th and I still have got my stuff. What's the average amount of time it has taken for everybody else?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The state cashed my check on the 4th of feb and today is the 6th and I still have got my stuff. What's the average amount of time it has taken for everybody else?

Your post is misleading. You have got your stuff or you haven't? In your post you said, "I still have got my stuff."

After I turned in the required paperwork and payment to the Sheriff's Office it took about a month to get my license. I would guess they are currently behind with all of the hysteria going around, so it could take the entire three months.

Jpatterson250

Your post is misleading. You have got your stuff or you haven't? In your post you said, "I still have got my stuff."

After I turned in the required paperwork and payment to the Sheriff's Office it took about a month to get my license. I would guess they are currently behind with all of the hysteria going around, so it could take the entire three months.

I have not yet gotten my flashpack. I turned in my paperwork to the daviess county sheriffs office on dec 10th. I would assume that I'm clear to get my ccdw because I just bought a new pistol a couple days ago and everything cleared fine.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I have not yet gotten my flashpack. I turned in my paperwork to the daviess county sheriffs office on dec 10th. I would assume that I'm clear to get my ccdw because I just bought a new pistol a couple days ago and everything cleared fine.

If they cashed your check you should be getting your license within the next couple weeks. I wouldn't sweat it, because I have heard from more than one person that they are very busy issuing licenses.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Ok thanks. I just figured it wouldn't take that long because it doesn't take that long to do a back ground check.

No it doesn't, but you also need to realise that they are currently issuing thousands of licenses a month. The hysteria has people going insane over guns and permits and anything else that pertains to firearms. Why, I don't know, because nothing is going to happen.

There isn't a single Glock, S&W, Springfield, Kel-Tec, or nearly any other gun in my local gun store, and it is a large store. They are limiting ammunition purchases to one box, which is insane. Good luck getting one box though, because they do not have ANY! Magazines? HAHA, good luck finding a magazine there. They are getting a couple blue-label Glocks tomorrow that I plan on purchasing, but other than that they are DRY!

I know how you feel; when I was waiting for my CDWL I was a nervous wreck as well. Now I do not need a CDWL to carry concealed, and I was ANXIOUSLY awaiting my firearm certification so that I could begin carrying anywhere and everywhere without the license under authority of KRS 527.020.

Give it time and keep checking the mail.

Jpatterson250

Good thing for me though is that I submitted all of my paperwork before everything went down and when it comes to guns and ammo. We haven't really suffered much of a shortage up here unless you want an ar. O just got me a taurus judge a few days ago. We are fortunate that we have whittakers guns up here as a gun dealer and they keep plenty of stock of what people want.

Jpatterson250

My next question is ill be moving soon and how long does it take to get your address changed after you submit the paperwork? Thanks

self preservation

This topic has been beat to death. Bottom line, you will get it when you get it. Yes the law says 90 days but it took me 6 months to get mine due to several screw ups on the sheriffs end as well as a few on the KSP end. There is a surge in these type of permits due to recent events so it may take longer. I'm glad people are eager but at the same time calm the hell down. If you are due to get it, you will get it. In the meantime please feel free to open carry your firearm. It's been legal in KY since 1792. No permit required.

KYKevin

Good thing for me though is that I submitted all of my paperwork before everything went down and when it comes to guns and ammo. We haven't really suffered much of a shortage up here unless you want an ar. O just got me a taurus judge a few days ago. We are fortunate that we have whittakers guns up here as a gun dealer and they keep plenty of stock of what people want.

The only place here in owensboro I have seen low on ammo is wally world and i don't buy ammo there. :)

Jpatterson250

So I just got my paperwork in the mail. My question is it says to wait till 2/24/13 to pick up my license. Should wait or do y'all think they'll have it sooner.

Jpatterson250

The letter I got in the mail today said that I could pick it up on 2/24/13 but every body that I've talked to said just go ahead and go to the sheriffs office on Monday.

Jpatterson250

I finally got my license. After waiting 2 and a half months I got the letter in the mail and got it from the sherrif. It feels awesome to be able to carry.