• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LaRue Tactical to restrict police sales.

zack991

LaRue Tactical has issued a statement on their Facebook page describing their new policy, that they will limit what products are available to state and local law enforcement to what is legal to own for all other citizens. This is a direct response to many proposed state and local laws.

Here’s the release:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm’s sales – and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Mark LaRue

* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *

http://www.guns.com/2013/02/09/laru...cement-sales-in-response-to-gun-control-laws/
I support this 100%nd have I have sent a letter to them thanking them for doing this.

Last edited:

sraacke

I think all gun makers should do this. Wasn't Barret firearms restricting sales of it's rifles where citizens were unable to buy them? It puts the police agencies in the same boat as the rest of us and it's good that they have "skin in the game" when it comes to gun control. I got slammed on another site when I mentioned that I thought it was a good thing when the New York SAFE act included NY police agencies in the 7 round magazine limits.
IF Glock, Smith and Wesson, Sig and others restricted sales in places like Chicago and New York I would be a happy camper.

Last edited:

Saxxon

What they are doing is directly upholding Supreme Court precedent that what is protected under the Second Amendment are the arms of the common soldier. So working backwards, if the government restricts the citizens, then the soldiers should be restricted to what the citzens can have. I think I'll be buying more stuff from LaRue.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I note in the last line that the policy does not apply to federal/military agencies. My question is why not? My guess is they make too much money there. I applaud them for their decision in regards to state/local agencies but they really should apply it across the board.

Numenor

I note in the last line that the policy does not apply to federal/military agencies. My question is why not? My guess is they make too much money there. I applaud them for their decision in regards to state/local agencies but they really should apply it across the board.

Well... if they took it to the logical conclusion, they should not sell any Full-Auto to any governmental agency as well.

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
I just bought 2 LaRue mounts for one of my rifles, and when they showed up, there was also a bunch of free stuff in the box.
Baseball cap, some stickers, a machined 'beverage entry tool' and a container of BBQ rub.
The products they make are top notch, and I fully support their stance on this.