• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

firearms at tacoma comedy club?

kenzmad

I went to a comedy show at the Tacoma comedy club. I had a choice of 2 show times 8:00 or 10:30. The only diffence is the 8:00show was for 18 and older while the 10:30 was for 21 and over. No signs from the liquor board. Can I carry at the 21 and older show or no? Hard alchohol is served at both show times. No difference in shows that I can find other than the age restrictions.

xxx.jakk.xxx

I went to a comedy show at the Tacoma comedy club. I had a choice of 2 show times 8:00 or 10:30. The only diffence is the 8:00show was for 18 and older while the 10:30 was for 21 and over. No signs from the liquor board. Can I carry at the 21 and older show or no? Hard alchohol is served at both show times. No difference in shows that I can find other than the age restrictions.

If it's 21+ because the state liquor control board requires it then you can't take it in at that time. I know at least one bar that is open to all ages until a certain time then becomes 21+ and becomes a no gun zone.

kenzmad

If it's 21+ because the state liquor control board requires it then you can't take it in at that time. I know at least one bar that is open to all ages until a certain time then becomes 21+ and becomes a no gun zone.

Arent they then required to have the required signage? None there that I saw

xxx.jakk.xxx

Arent they then required to have the required signage? None there that I saw

Not sure if you meant that you checked during the 21+ times but I'd make sure they don't post signs at only the times that it's 21+.

kenzmad

We left at 9:40pm and there were no signs. I was looking for something temporary that maybe they would put up but nothing. Maybe a call to the liquor board to find out their stance on it?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
SVG just posting, what I did does not help anyone but that is your mode of operation.

You;
I've been to comedy shows here in Bellingham and even met Ryan Stiles, all OC.:lol:

Me;
Here is what refers to the question so to OP is able to read, understand and apply according to State Law.
While the WAC Rules are for running the establishment we are bound by the RCW's.

WAC 314-11-060 What are the mandatory signs a licensee must post on a licensed premises?
(1) Notices regarding persons under twenty-one years of age must be posted on the premises as follows:

Type of licenseeSign must contain the following language:Required location of sign
Tavern licensees and spirits, beer, and wine licensees who do not allow persons under twenty-one years of age."Persons under twenty-one years of age not permitted on these premises."Conspicuous location at each entry to premises.
Restaurants that do not permit persons under twenty-one years of age on a portion of their premises."Persons under twenty-one years of age not permitted in this area."Conspicuous location at each entry to a restricted area.

(5) Firearms prohibited signs provided by the board must be posted in each tavern and lounge (per RCW 9.41.300).

RCW 9.41.300
Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:
(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age; or

WAC 314-11-020 What are the guidelines regarding sales to persons under twenty-one years of age and where persons under twenty-one are allowed on a licensed premises?

(1) Per RCW 66.44.270, licensees or employees may not supply liquor to any person under twenty-one years of age, either for his/her own use or for the use of any other person.

(2) Per RCW 66.44.310, licensees or employees may not allow persons under twenty-one years of age to remain in any premises or area of a premises classified as off-limits to persons under twenty-one. (See RCW 66.44.310 (1)(b) regarding nonprofit, private club licensees.)

(3) Per RCW 66.20.180, at the request of any law enforcement officer, a holder of a card of identification must present his/her card of identification if the person is on a portion of a premises that is restricted to persons over twenty-one years of age, or if the person is purchasing liquor, attempting to purchase liquor, consuming liquor, or in the possession of liquor. If the person fails or refuses to present a card of identification it may be considered a violation of Title 66 RCW and:

(a) The person may not remain on the licensed premises after being asked to leave by a law enforcement officer; and

(b) The person may be detained by a law enforcement officer for a reasonable period of time and in such a reasonable manner as is necessary to determine the person's true identity and date of birth.

SVG; Lacks any pertinent information that is tangible for the op

Me; Cites and References where they can defend themselves if need be.

SVG; Yup follow me....there's a cliff.....lets jump......:lol:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Response from TCC

2/10/13 iCloud Mail - Re: Private Party

Hi Nick

Because we have live entertainment Washington State Liquor Patrol board restricts anyone under 21 before at the club after 11pm. It's not really our decision, just a law we have to follow.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Adam

On Feb 10, 2013, at 1:47 PM, Nick <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX> wrote:
> Dear TCC,
>
> I am curious as to why your show's at 10:30 pm are restricted to only those 21 and over? Can you enlighten me on
the reasoning behind this policy?
>
> Nick
>

kenzmad

Ok, it's a liquor board rule. Question answered. Thanks guys. I will be sure to pass along what you found out.

after monday and tuesday even the calendar says Wednesday,Thursday and Friday.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
WAC 314-02-025 What are the floor space requirements to obtain and maintain a spirits, beer, and wine restaurant license or a beer and wine restaurant license?
(1) The liquor control board has the responsibility to classify what licensed premises or what portions of the licensed premises are off-limits to minors. (RCW 66.44.310(2).) Minors may not purchase, possess, or consume liquor, and may not enter any areas that are classified as off-limits to minors. (RCW 66.44.290 and 66.44.310.) The purpose of this rule is to clarify the ways in which licensees can prevent minors from consuming alcohol or entering restricted areas.

(2) Dedicated dining areas - If a spirits, beer, and wine restaurant licensee or a beer and wine restaurant licensee that allows minors chooses to have live music, Karaoke, patron dancing, live entertainment, or contests involving physical participation by patrons in the dedicated dining area after 11:00 p.m., the licensee must either:

(a) Request board approval to reclassify the dining area to a lounge for the period of time that live entertainment is conducted, thus restricting minors during that time; or
(b) Notify the board's licensing and regulation division in writing at least forty-eight hours in advance that the sale, service, and consumption of liquor will end in the dedicated dining area after 11:00 p.m.

Request or notifications may cover one event or a series of recurring events over a period of time.

(3) Barriers - Licensees must place barriers around areas that are classified as off-limits to minors and around game rooms.

(a) The barriers must clearly separate restricted areas, and must be at least forty-two inches high.
(b) The barriers must be permanently affixed (folding or retractable doors or other barriers that are permanently affixed are acceptable). A portable or moveable rope and stanchion is not acceptable. Those licensees that have been approved by the board for moveable barriers prior to the effective date of this rule may keep their movable barriers until the licensee requests alterations to the premises or the premises change ownership.
(c) Liquor bars cannot be used as the required barriers (see definition of liquor bar in WAC 314-02-010(10)).
(d) Entrances to restricted areas may not be wider than ten feet. If a licensee has more than one entrance along one wall, the total entrance areas may not exceed ten feet.
(e) "Minor prohibited" signs, as required by WAC 314-11-060(1), must be posted at each entrance to restricted areas.

(4) If the business allows minors, the business's primary entrance must open directly into a dedicated dining area or into a neutral area, such as a lobby or foyer, that leads directly to a dedicated dining area. Minors must be able to access restrooms without passing through a lounge or other age-restricted area.

(5) Floor plans - When applying for a license, the applicant must provide to the board's licensing and regulation division two copies of a detailed drawing of the entire premises. The drawing must:
(a) Be drawn one foot to one-quarter-inch scale;
(b) Have all rooms labeled according to their use; e.g., dining room, lounge, game room, kitchen, etc.; and
(c) Have all barriers labeled in a descriptive way; e.g., "full wall," "half wall," etc.

Last edited:

badkarma

The word is no. Now that I see this is about the Tacoma Comedy Club and not the Comedy Underground Tacoma I don't know what the result would be for the first. Who knew there was more than one dedicated comedy club in Tacoma?

sudden valley gunner

SVG just posting, what I did does not help anyone but that is your mode of operation.

You;

Me; Cites and References where they can defend themselves if need be.

SVG; Yup follow me....there's a cliff.....lets jump......:lol:

Personal attacks again noted, point being made purposefully being ignored by you, anecdote by me showing that it is ok.

Yes because I actually OC, everywhere legally allowed. Do you? (rhetorical question we know you don't).

Last edited: