Thread: MI:100+ Guns Turned in for Gun Buyback

Centurion

MI:100+ Guns Turned in for Gun Buyback

President of Michigan Open Carry Phillip Hofmeister has a different view.

"I think that's what's right with our laws today in that we live in a free country. We give people an alternative. Rather than getting fire arms destroyed we put them in the hands of responsible people who will use them in a responsible way," said Hofmeister.

Standing out in the cold in midst of the group offering cash for guns was a fairly new group called One Million Moms for Gun Control. The Lansing charter is in support of the gun buyback program and they were speaking out for the first time on their views.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/190540891.html

Founder's Club Member
    MI:100+ Guns Turned in for Gun Buyback
    We really need to avoid letting the anti-gunners define the argument; we need to find and use another term for these activities.

Taxpayer-funded disarmaments?

Localized soft confiscations? (Anybody questions this term, spin it back on them by asking who paid for the gift cards).

Gun Buy ups?

And, then discredit the anti-gunners by highlighting their disingenuous terminology. For example, in the comments section on news sites, Facebook, etc.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Centurion

Turn in. I have been using and promoting the term "turn in"

Turn in is a lot more accurate. It is what I have been using. I am looking for pictures of the Lansing turn in and a citizen report. None yet.

at the prices they are offering im surprised they got any guns. $100 for a handgun, $50 for a long gun, and $150 for a "military style assault rifle". Considering military assualt rifles are worth well over $10,000 I doubt they got any, and you would be a fool to turn in any gun for that amount.

Criminals ditch their murder weapons with no questions asked and no way for the cops to trace the guns back to the murderers, and the cops give them money to do it. That's the narrative that should be written on such events. If I had murdered someone I would definitely turn my gun in at one of these buybacks to make sure the evidence gets destroyed "no questions asked" as they say.

Government Funded Self Defense Elimination Purchases

That's what I call them. As all of us here recognize, "they" are "buying back" nothing. You can't "buy back" what you never sold in the first place. But you can deceive the weak minded into anything, now can't you? Our last election was proof of that.
    Last edited by Resto Guy; 04-03-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Wowwie!!!

Best undercover SPAMMER, ever!!!
    Wow this spammer is using ccwinstructers OP to peddle his dresses

Reported...
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 08-02-2013 at 03:40 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by Z1P2 View Post
    .... If I had murdered someone I would definitely turn my gun in at one of these buybacks to make sure the evidence gets destroyed "no questions asked" as they say.
    When seattle did their gunshow, they had facial recognition machines and were photographing the people passing thru the line in vehicles. So, good luck with that.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington