• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MI:100+ Guns Turned in for Gun Buyback

ccwinstructor

Centurion
President of Michigan Open Carry Phillip Hofmeister has a different view.

"I think that's what's right with our laws today in that we live in a free country. We give people an alternative. Rather than getting fire arms destroyed we put them in the hands of responsible people who will use them in a responsible way," said Hofmeister.

Standing out in the cold in midst of the group offering cash for guns was a fairly new group called One Million Moms for Gun Control. The Lansing charter is in support of the gun buyback program and they were speaking out for the first time on their views.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/190540891.html

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
MI:100+ Guns Turned in for Gun Buyback

We really need to avoid letting the anti-gunners define the argument; we need to find and use another term for these activities.

Taxpayer-funded disarmaments?

Localized soft confiscations? (Anybody questions this term, spin it back on them by asking who paid for the gift cards).

Gun Buy ups?

And, then discredit the anti-gunners by highlighting their disingenuous terminology. For example, in the comments section on news sites, Facebook, etc.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Turn in. I have been using and promoting the term "turn in"

Turn in is a lot more accurate. It is what I have been using. I am looking for pictures of the Lansing turn in and a citizen report. None yet.

CopBlockRVA

at the prices they are offering im surprised they got any guns. $100 for a handgun, $50 for a long gun, and $150 for a "military style assault rifle". Considering military assualt rifles are worth well over $10,000 I doubt they got any, and you would be a fool to turn in any gun for that amount.

Z1P2

Criminals ditch their murder weapons with no questions asked and no way for the cops to trace the guns back to the murderers, and the cops give them money to do it. That's the narrative that should be written on such events. If I had murdered someone I would definitely turn my gun in at one of these buybacks to make sure the evidence gets destroyed "no questions asked" as they say.

Resto Guy

Government Funded Self Defense Elimination Purchases

That's what I call them. As all of us here recognize, "they" are "buying back" nothing. You can't "buy back" what you never sold in the first place. But you can deceive the weak minded into anything, now can't you? Our last election was proof of that.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
.... If I had murdered someone I would definitely turn my gun in at one of these buybacks to make sure the evidence gets destroyed "no questions asked" as they say.

When seattle did their gunshow, they had facial recognition machines and were photographing the people passing thru the line in vehicles. So, good luck with that.